Ekho MAX 215 Dual 15" Passive Speaker 1500W?

G

gizzmansl2

Audiophyte
Hi,
I am planning on buying a new PA kit for parties and I have heard these are not the best speakers and I should go for better makes etc but my budget does not allow it so I am just wanting to know what is the actual RMS for this/these speakers because it is not listed anywhere (the lower VX215's have 600W RMS so these must be around 750W right?)
also because they have big 15" drivers can they reproduce low deep bass (rumbles) instead of the woofy high punchy bass most speakers have?
Lastly would matching them with the Ekho RX3000 Power Amp or the Skytec PRO 2000W PA be a good move to get the most volume, bass and keep the speakers and amps both happy?

Thanks a lot if anyone can help me with these questions.

G

gizzmansl2

Audiophyte
You're kind of in the wrong forum, this is for home theater.

But, why not get PA speakers with the amps built in:
Hey, yeah sorry I figured but I could only find a few forums as good as this with active users. Yes I have thought about active but they are not powerful enough for my budget and I had my mind set on this speaker, do you know any details about it?

Cheers

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
The Ekho MAX215 are spec'd at 30Hz - 18kHz, but I suspect that's at -10dB. Most pro audio speakers are tuned for an F3 around 40Hz. The dual 15's do make for a nice sensitivity of 103dB/w/m though.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
At their price I can't possibly imagine anything other crap. 219 for a dual 15 with a "3000"w amp is almost white van

G

gizzmansl2

Audiophyte
lol im not sure what you meant by white van but i bet its not good. I know the speakers are not amaze but there the best i can find for my tight budget and schedule. I want a decent amp to run them though but cheap and ive seen the behringer 2800/3000/4000 amps of different sorts. Would they go nice and give me the low bass and what one would you say suits these speakers the most. Cheers

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi,
I am planning on buying a new PA kit for parties and I have heard these are not the best speakers and I should go for better makes etc but my budget does not allow it so I am just wanting to know what is the actual RMS for this/these speakers because it is not listed anywhere (the lower VX215's have 600W RMS so these must be around 750W right?)
also because they have big 15" drivers can they reproduce low deep bass (rumbles) instead of the woofy high punchy bass most speakers have?
Lastly would matching them with the Ekho RX3000 Power Amp or the Skytec PRO 2000W PA be a good move to get the most volume, bass and keep the speakers and amps both happy?

Thanks a lot if anyone can help me with these questions.
The size of a woofer has little to do with how low it plays. It all comes down to the free air resonance of the speaker and compliance of the suspension. In general larger cones help produce higher sound pressure levels, and have a heavier cone so lowering free air resonance. There is an inverse relation ship between sensitivity and low bass reach. Those speakers are high sensitivity and probably don't go much below 60 Hz.

In addition the mid range horn is small and will have too high a cut off on its low end. So there will either be a gap in the FR or more likely the large cones will be well into break up range and sound harsh. Piezo tweeters are very harsh unless a special crossover is designed for them. However they are designed to tolerate no crossover to save money. I'm yet to see a commercial design use a crossover. I would also bet heavy money that if you did use the power they claim to handle, those cheap woofers would go up in smoke fast.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
There's more to a good subwoofer, or bass bin, than simply size. Maria Muldaur puts it better.

Last edited by a moderator:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
lol im not sure what you meant by white van but i bet its not good. I know the speakers are not amaze but there the best i can find for my tight budget and schedule. I want a decent amp to run them though but cheap and ive seen the behringer 2800/3000/4000 amps of different sorts. Would they go nice and give me the low bass and what one would you say suits these speakers the most. Cheers
Let's try this.

What is you TOTAL BUDGET?
What do you already have?

Tell us that info and we can try to find something decent in your price range.

Otherwise, it seems that you are set on that pair of speakers and are looking for us to give the thumbs-up. That aint gonna happen on this site.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Otherwise, it seems that you are set on that pair of speakers and are looking for us to give the thumbs-up. That aint gonna happen on this site.
It doesn't look like that happened at the other two sites that Crossedover linked to in his post either. I guess he'll just keep posting on different sites until someone gives him the assurance he wants to hear. I guess everyone is wrong... :rolleyes:

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
It doesn't look like that happened at the other two sites that Crossedover linked to in his post either. I guess he'll just keep posting on different sites until someone gives him the assurance he wants to hear. I guess everyone is wrong... :rolleyes:
Yeah, go post on the site that sells the speakers and maybe he'll get the thumbs up :rolleyes:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis