Ecoustics Interview of Audioholics.com

G

<font color='#000000'>WOW Gene – Great interview, and what a response it has generated!

I've read most of the thread and am impressed by the coolheaded tone you have replied with to all challenges thrown your way. Bravo!

The discussion that developed following the interview centered on speaker wire / connections.

Could you comment on the value of analog audio interconnects and offer your opinion on the merits of coax vs. twisted pair for this use? Have you tested the two types to identify the electrical differences? &nbsp;(Might be a good follow up to your speaker wire face-off article?)

Additionally, in my travels on the internet, I found an article that describes Blue Jeans Cable's philosophy on cable type for use as audio interconnects and wonder if you could comment on the theme (as I understood it) that shielding is the most important quality when choosing an interconnect cable. Would the most shielded cable be the best choice for use in audio interconnects (I assume it would be the best choice in video applications – but is it valuable in audio use?)

Thanks in advance.</font>

M

Mark7

Audioholic Intern
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
Guest : <font color='#000000'>WOW Gene – Great interview, and what a response it has generated!

I've read most of the thread and am impressed by the coolheaded tone you have replied with to all challenges thrown your way. Bravo!

The discussion that developed following the interview centered on speaker wire / connections.

Could you comment on the value of analog audio interconnects and offer your opinion on the merits of coax vs. twisted pair for this use? Have you tested the two types to identify the electrical differences?  (Might be a good follow up to your speaker wire face-off article?)

Additionally, in my travels on the internet, I found an article that describes Blue Jeans Cable's philosophy on cable type for use as audio interconnects and wonder if you could comment on the theme (as I understood it) that shielding is the most important quality when choosing an interconnect cable. Would the most shielded cable be the best choice for use in audio interconnects (I assume it would be the best choice in video applications – but is it valuable in audio use?)

Thanks in advance.</font>
<font color='#000000'>Good question. I would also like to hear Gene's comments.
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis