Ebay is confusing me.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Some bidder makes bids on my stuff and he seems to make several bids in a row in $5 increments. Is this some automated thing, or is the bidder doing this on their own? What would be the purpose of doing that? I sent the bidder a message requesting why he was doing it. Several hours later he did it again, about 4 times in a row, and has yet to respond to my message.

I am concerned they may be trying to mess with me or my account. To put it simply I do not have time to re-list the item if said bidder does not pay, which is my biggest concern. I am not financially well off enough to have this sort of problem come into my path.

Just wanted to know if anyone here knows what the deal is with what the bidder is doing.

Side note: the Bidder has a score of 26, and all his most recent dealings have positive ratings. I know that sometimes people's accounts get hacked into and destroy their reputations along with others.

Thanks in advance for any and all help in regards to this situation. The auction ends in 19 hours.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Seth, it sounds like the autobid feature eBay uses. Say the current bid price is $100 and I put my max bid in at $125. It will automatically bid for me up to that price in whatever the minimum bid is. If it is a $5 minimum the current bid will be $105.

Now if another bidder comes in and puts a max bid of $120, eBay will bid in those $5 incrments back and forth and the bid will now be $125, my max, and I would be the high bidder. Because other bidders can't see my max bid, and don't usually want ot drive the price up, most bidders wait til near the end of hte auction ot bid. You should read eBay bidding policies and descriptions. It will help you to understand what is happening.

Jack

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I was thinking it might be something like that. I am a total noob when it comes to Ebay.

Thanks for your help, I feel much better now.:)

Seth=L

PS: Reading policies is for chumps.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis