C

ccheng187

Audioholic Intern
I got a svs pb12nds/2 last month. I just got to the enjoyment but now my receiver is broken.
I have another reciever but this receiver doesnt have sub out. The only way i know how to connect the sub is through that feeding the low level with rca cable.
So my question is there any other option?
What are the red and black connection in the back is for, like input,output and high level?

Sorry if i didnt explain it too well but hope youll get the idea.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
The High level inputs are there for the ability as you speak of not having a sub out on your receiver.... You can put your speaker wires from your receiver into those inputs, and then send the outputs out to your speakers. Then make sure to check the crossover on the amp of your sub, as you will now be using that instaed of the built in crossover of a receiver. As this older receiver has no bass management.

Should work just fine..... That is why they designed it with multiple inputs to accomodate these different hookup scenarios....

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
A good suggestion from Warpdvr. I did that for a couple of months when the sub pre out on my receiver died. It worked fine with no audible differences that I could hear.

Nick

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis