Dynaudio - Focus220 and Contour 1.4's

K

Kanga692

Audiophyte
I was originally going to upgarde my Sopund Dynamic RTS 9's to B & W 805 but after all the negative comments I am going to checking out other makes...does anyone know much about the Dynaudio brand and which ones are best.... of and other suggestions would be good. I am prepared to apy about $7000 Aussie dollars for the front three.. I am running a Denon 3805 amp. Energy C100 rears and an energy XL 10 sub

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I was originally going to upgarde my Sopund Dynamic RTS 9's to B & W 805 but after all the negative comments I am going to checking out other makes...does anyone know much about the Dynaudio brand and which ones are best.... of and other suggestions would be good. I am prepared to apy about $7000 Aussie dollars for the front three.. I am running a Denon 3805 amp. Energy C100 rears and an energy XL 10 sub
Dynaudio makes superb stuff and their drivers are used on a lot of other speakers. Totem uses Dynaudio drivers on some of their speakers as well Silverline Audio (small USA speaker maker) as well as others. Dynaudio is like B&W in the way that all their stuff is made in house and have been around forever but I find they offer better value when compared to B&W. Also check out the Dynaudio Audience 52SE bookshelf and 72SE tower.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Check your other post, I found a few Dynaudio's on Audiogon for good prices, namely the speakers listing by gus...

C

cfrizz

Senior Audioholic
I listened to a pair of Focus 220's They were absolutely terrific.

H

howaboutthat41

Audiophyte
Dynaudios are terrific, but do give the B&W 805's a shot and decide for yourself. In that general, high-line, monitor/bookshelf price range, you may also wish to consider Revel M22's (my favorite), and similar offerings from Focal, Monitor (Golds/Platinums), Aerial, Joseph, Totem, DALI, and PSB among others, if they are available (can't speak for Australia -- sorry!). :) If you cannot test other speakers, Dynaudio is certainly a safe enough bet for terrific sound.

K

Kanga692

Audiophyte
Thanks HOW.....yes i have been listening to the 805's as well.. I am not convinced yet by either them or the Dynaudio. I am running Sound Dynamics RTS9's at present (made by Energy). I may even stay with them. I ahve been making some adjustments to them. Have you heard them...

Andreas

Andreas

Junior Audioholic
Don't forget about PMC!

A very serious speaker company

I think they are mostly handmade

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis