DVI Gear Custom Wall Plates

majorloser

majorloser

Well, I guess this review is overdue.

I was one of the winners of the December 2005 "DVI Wall Plates"

The item arrived last week. I ordered a black plate with a DVI connection and a digital optical connection. The plate is very well made using very high quality connections and is solidly constructed. One of the best features I like about the plate is that the connections are recessed back into the Decora style face. It may not seem like a big deal, but that can help hide the connections or allow for them to fit behind things close to the wall. The recepticle also arrived with a matching black Decora cover.

The people at DVI Gear were really nice to work with and understanding of my needs. It may not seem like a big deal to most members of this forum but I had already completed my home theater and installed custom wall plates throughout. It made it a challenge to figure out what I needed. I even changed my plate after first telling them what I wanted (thanks Alex and Sara :) ). Yes, imagine that, I was a PITA over something I won :p .

I ordered this plate to allow me to run the digital video and audio from my main home computer to my theater. Of course this will require more work and new cables. Hey, but I've been putting this off for awhile.

I WOULD RECOMMEND THESE PLATES TO ANYBODY WHO WANTS A PROFESSIONAL LOOKING INSTALLATION IN THEIR HOME

BTW- Thanks again to DVI Gear for the T-shirt I won in January and I just noticed "loserwife" won one for February. I guess that means I can get mine back since she tries to steal it.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
I was also one of the winners and ordered a complete video connection set - HDMI, DVI, and component. They got it all on a single gangplate and it looks great. Plugs are recessed, as mentioned, and solidly attached. Looking forward to installing it above my new projector :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis