itschris

itschris

I've been focusing on my Concerts section of XBMC and have been ripping my varying dvd and bd's for the section. Some of them, I think typically the DVD's dont' seem to want to cooperate. The last one to piss me off was Creed's disc. Using MKVMaker, it insists on making a seperate file for each track of the concert. I poked around the program and don't see a way to combine them to one MKV instead of twelve. There's not one big file on the disc. It's a bunch of similarily size ones.

I'm far from being a pro at this, so any advice would be appreciated.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
XBMC can play the dvd folder structure just fine. Also, if you use MakeMKV and just put the .vob files into it it will create one mkv.

itschris

itschris

Thanks... I'll have to look at that more closely. I usualy just plop the disc in, let it read it, then select the big file and whichever audio track I want then run it.

Rowdy S13

Rowdy S13

Audioholic Chief
Another possible option is to merge them all later. Somebody mentioned one in my thread, and I used it the other day. It wasn't exactly what he mentioned though, and I cant think of the actual name right now. Anyhow I had a race DVD that I bought which was 4 separate disc's and I wanted to merge them into a single video for easier playback. I ripped the multiple MKV's from each disk, loaded them into the program, and voila a single really long MKV! Its a bit more work that way, but its an option. I wanted to test it out for some of my multiple disc movies (LOTR extended), and seemed to work just fine.

Sean

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis