dual receiver questions

spyder152

spyder152

Audioholic Intern
I have a yamaha rx-v1900 and 1500, I have the 1900 set up for my HT inside, I would like to use the 1500 for my outdoor speakers, I know I can use the zone 2 and 3 for outdoor use but it will not allow me to use digital format threw those zones (pandora thru my wd media player),
First question, Can I run my wd media player from my 1900 to my 1500 and if so, will I still have the digital issue? And if not, how do I connect the two receivers, Thanks,

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
If it were me, I'd hook up the WD media player via both digital and analog connections. I know the WDTV(plus) allows both connections to work simultaneously. Use digital connection for HT... Use the analog connection with Zone 2.

spyder152

spyder152

Audioholic Intern
Huh, wouldnt of thought of that, thanks, I'll give it a try

spyder152

spyder152

Audioholic Intern
Damn it Jim, I have the newest Live player, only has hdmi and fiber optic and it wont let you play thru both I have the plus in my bedroom, might have to switch but the new one is so much nicer

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Damn it Jim, I have the newest Live player, only has hdmi and fiber optic and it wont let you play thru both I have the plus in my bedroom, might have to switch but the new one is so much nicer
Who is Jim? Haha.. Well.. the other option.. would be to hook the "pre-out" from the 1900 to a stereo channel "in" on the 1500.

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
Post up how this turns out. I have a RX-V1900 and a older RX-V2400 wanting to do about the same thing.

spyder152

spyder152

Audioholic Intern
Will do, just ordered it and should have it by next weekend

spyder152

spyder152

Audioholic Intern
Well I got my Ambery toslink splitter, hooked it up, used the outlet on my 1900 amp for power, works like a champ, I had to set the audio output on my WD media player to fiber optic out and i works perfectly.... Hope this helps others out...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis