Dual Opposed Prototype

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Haha, not doubled but 250ish screws later and I didn't exactly make it lighter. Cost of steel screws = $5.79 a box. Cost of fancy brass screws = $22.79 a box. I'll risk the space-time continuum :D :p

There is no way without about 8 months and a lot of steroids that I could even budge the thing fully assembled. If 3 sheets weighs ~288lbs, I would guess I'm a lot closer to 200lbs than I am further away.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Managed to sneak in a little work today. Did a little planing and fitting. The parts I did work on fit pretty well, the other parts.....well they need a little more love.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Your internal bracing is doubled up? Another presswood forest bites the dust in the name of overkill. :(

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yes it is. It's less for dealing with the internal forces and more for holding the 40+lb exterior panels together. I wanted to be able to spread the stress of the weight of the cabinet itself and the 160+lbs of drivers as evenly as possible. Overkill for sure, but I think it will pass the knock test :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Only have two more pieces to fit and it's time to start gluing.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That is coming together really nicely. It will be a formidable very low coloration sub.
Thanks, I definitely appreciate the help you gave me with the last sub and with this one. Without the help of guys here on the forum, this would have been a much more daunting task.

I'm excited to get this one up and running, but I can't stop thinking about building a TL sub, like you had mentioned. Every time I fire the Phil's I imagine what a big TL subwoofer would be like since they produce a pretty satisfying amount of bass with that "little" 8in woofer.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Now comes the boring part. Gluing and waiting.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I feel like the waiting part should be done by now :p p.s. the Outlaw is still going strong, buddy.
Unfortunately I got busy with a few things then my GF's grandma died, the. I realized there wasn't enough space to install the binding posts where I wanted them after it was all together. It was a perfect storm of not getting anything done. However binding posts are going in today then I should be able to finish gluing the side and top on and I can stuff it and install the drivers.

I'm happy to hear it. It was certainly a great amp I kinda miss it :). I was this || close to buying a 770, but I got a good deal on an Aragon 8008x3 so I went with that instead.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'll say one thing...while not fast you are going at light speed compared to The monkey and the tiger.;)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well it's done now. I'm just waiting for some glue to dry on the screw inserts and I'll be stuffing and dropping the drivers in either tonight or tomorrow.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis