V

vfash

Audioholic Intern
I played my first DTS title thru my HT and wow, what a difference from DD. Problem is, I only have one DTS movie (Blade II). Any suggestions on good DTS titles?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Do a search, I'm sure you will come up with a bunch on this forum.

The obvious ones would probably be Gladiator (DTS-ES), Saving Private Ryan, The Haunting (ES), House of Flying Daggers, Master & Commander, etc...

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
LOTR:EE
WOTW
Sin City
U571
Chronicles(WHAT) of Narnia
Lord Of War
King Kong (when the EE comes out)

SheepStar

E

ehurnie

Junior Audioholic
MR. Pibb+Red Vines=Crazy Delicious!!!

Sorry I had to do it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Music:

Diana Krall: Live in Paris DTS
Nine Inch Nails And All That Could Have Been DTS (Full bitrate)

Procupine Tree In Absentia and Deadwing are DVD-As, but have DTS tracks on them. Both are quite impressive.

Animation:

Titan AE
Jin Roh (full bitrate Japanese DTS)

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Se7en
Kill Bill 1 & 2
The Devil's Rejects
Minority Report

Last edited:
saurabh

saurabh

Audioholic
The best of DTS titles amongst others IMO is

The Day after tomorrow
Daredevil

Dont miss them.

its easier to master surround when its a battle movie but the true expertise comes out when you have to master surround in movies like the one I recommended above.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Too bad "The Day After Tomorrow" and "Daredevil" are terrible movies.

freemymind

freemymind

Enthusiast
I liked them....

"The Day After Tomorrow" and "Daredevil" in my opinion are not terrible movies. Granted "Daredevil" was not that great but I really enjoyed "The Day After Tomorrow" the Audio in that movie Rocks and basically makes it well worth watching for me even with my lame setup so far. Can't wait to here how it sounds on good equipment.... mehh one day.

Just my .02

In my opinion terrible movie would = "Laser Mission" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099978/
many others but that one really sticks out.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't finish watching Day After Tomorrow, but what I did see was OK - about what I expected from your basic disaster/action movie (which means don't expect a lot besides good sound).

Daredevil however, is one of the worst movies ever made IMO. Decent sound in certain scenes, but I can't believe I sat through the whole thing.

A really bad movie would be Battlefield Earth. Easily the worst movie I've ever seen.

Believe it or not, Twin Peaks (the series) on DVD has a decent DTS track. I was really surprised by this one.

Last edited:
J

JKL1960

Audioholic
'Master and Commander'.

The first battle sequence has cannons, flying debris, people running on above decks. It's the title I grab to show off HT sound to people who haven't experienced it yet.

Another good one is "Starship Troopers'. Good sound and good looking.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
JKL1960 said:
Another good one is "Starship Troopers'. Good sound and good looking.
Only the Superbit version has the DTS track, but even the DD version is not too bad.

saurabh

saurabh

Audioholic
jaxvon said:
Too bad "The Day After Tomorrow" and "Daredevil" are terrible movies.
Watch them for the surround track, if nothing else and I enjoyed the DAT a lot and DD was like, okay.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis