rgriffin25

rgriffin25

I have for some time been a big DT fan. They had a new album come out last week. I had been listening to it on spotify. For the most part it is an excellent disc. Today I had a few minutes so I stopped by Best Buy and they had the "Expanded" edition. Which included the cd version and a "5.1 DVD disc as well. To my surprise is lossless 5.1 DVD-A. Sounds quite good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk now Free

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's the Steven Wilson mix if I am not mistaken. He's been doing this for a number of artists recently.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I haven't heard the new album yet...or the last one either.:eek: being a hack drummer and mike portnoy being one of my favs put me off of them. I'm ready to go give them a listen now.:sly:

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Mike Mangini is by no means a slouch. I thought the same thing when I heard Portnoy was quitting.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Ah, new album. Steven has been mixing the older releases. Bunch of stuff on Burning Shed lately.

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

I don't know how SW does it all. Pretty amazing. Solo work, PT, and mastering surround music. Makes me feel pretty lazy..

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I picked it up last week but never had the opportunity to listen to it. i really like their stuff.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I like Steve Wilson but I hope he doesn't over do it...he has a tendency to make things sound unnatural at times. As good as some of his stuff sounds he's not as great as most around here would lead you to believe. Dream Theater suffers from too much compression (just like most all rock recordings) and if just that was fixed it would be enough for me.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
I don't know how SW does it all. Pretty amazing. Solo work, PT, and mastering surround music. Makes me feel pretty lazy..

Since James Brown's death Steven is, without question, the hardest working man in showbiz.

DJ

J

Jeffrey S. Albaugh

Audioholic

I have been really impressed with Ryan Ullyate, who among others has done a super fine job with the Tom Petty & the Heartbreaker's catalog. I have every one of the Blu Ray's from TP. One that amazes me is Damn the Torpedos, which is an older release. Ryan did a splendid job on this one. Another great job by Ryan is on the TP's MOJO disc. WOW. The surround mix is just stellar. Check them out. I just love the music of TP & the Hearthreaker's.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
I have a good few DT dvd,s and I have always liked Score the best and thought that they did a great job with the mix on that DVD.I also have a good many Rush dvd,s and love them but the mixes on the discs are terrible.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis