J

jmgillespie

Junior Audioholic
Anybody else picking this up tommorow. Man on Fire kicked *** so I expect this to kick *** also, but if it doesn't its in DTS es6.1 so at least the sound will be awesome.

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
jmgillespie said:
Anybody else picking this up tommorow. Man on Fire kicked *** so I expect this to kick *** also, but if it doesn't its in DTS es6.1 so at least the sound will be awesome.
What is the connection between Man on Fire and Domino?

I'm not going to pick it up, but if you tell me it's good I'll watch it. Keira isn't too tough on the eyes.

J

jmgillespie

Junior Audioholic
Same director Tony Scott. I've heard it has the same feel, and Man on Fire has great surround sound and music so I would think this would too. I've heard the story isn't so great from critics but what do they know.

M

MAX661

Audioholic
I bought it last week, for some reason Zellers had it on the shelf. It is nowhere near as good as Man On Fire. Decent but not good.

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
Tony Scott overedited and overdirected Man on Fire.

The story itself was gritty, the editing was good but overly done at times when it wasn't necessary, big indication was the Subtiles of what people were saying in the movie. I am not deaf an unless its a translation from one language to another, this really peeved me off. It was these few little things that made it a good flick but not a classic flick (not that it can be classic since it was a remake).

~Bob

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
Keira Knightley looks nice normally, but she looks like a cracked out dyke in Domino. I feel like I'd catching STDs by just watching the DVD commercials.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Just got back from BB with Domino. Perhaps we'll see tonite.

J

jmgillespie

Junior Audioholic
Well I picked up and just finished watching it and liked it. Thought there was a part or two that didn't fit in with the movie like what was the point of the one lady being on Jerry Springer? It wasn't as good as Man on Fire which I think is a really good movie. The action was real good and I really enjoyed Mickey performance and also Kiera's (She picks some good interesting roles, I think she's one of the better actresses out). Explosions were a little overdone but amazing and the "Resevoir dogs" type homage to scene was cool. The surround sound and bass was very good like Man on Fire's sound. It seemed to be more of action flick so I won't take away too much for thinness of some of the plot.

How was it Howie I plan to rent that sometime soon, looked like a good movie but you never know with Nic his last flick Lord of War was good. But this looked like in the trailer it would be a lot like matchstick men/the family man.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Watched it last night. It was OK. Great sound (DTS-ES). I understand that it was based on a true story so they didn't want to go overboard with embelishment, but the story was a bit thin.

cajun600

cajun600

Enthusiast
saw it tonight in DTS-Es. I thought the sound was excellent and always like tony scott's work. Editing was definitely a lot like Man on Fire, the similarities are obvious. This one is a rent or buy for sure.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Not great, but even looking like a four dollar crack whore Keira is hot.:D

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
I thought the movie was pretty bad ***, the sound in 6.1 was great it's a movie I'd probably buy, so people should def. check it out

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis