Does anyone else think the new Elac Concentro is absolutely hideous?

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
You've been on this forum for a long time now, SysAdmin, how could you possibly still be bored?

EVE is actually pretty cool looking. The Concentro wishes it could be EVE! :p

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I don't think it looks that bad. Not to say it looks great, but I could start posting pictures of six figure systems that I think look worse.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'd like to see another color, if that is an option, before passing judgement!
I'm not real keen on those, but I don't think it is the lines. I think a darker color (maybe gunmetal) for the main body would work better with the silver and black baffles.

Edit: Looks like this is the only other option.

Definitely better. But I think silver baffle, gunmetal body and black woofer baffle would work better.

Now the name..."Concentro"?
What's up with that? Did they misspell concerto? At least "Concentribbon" would reflect the use of a concentric ribbon tweeter!

Last edited:
PietjePuk

PietjePuk

Enthusiast
I've read that the finish can be customised according to your wishes. Carbon fibre and leather are among the options. But I agree this isn't the prettiest sight...

Plus I have to agree with ShadyJ. The more expensive often doesn't necessarily mean better looking!

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
I wonder if they looked as good after he sobered up?...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Like a pair of penguins standing guard over the equipment rack. The dark option is much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Copied this tidbit from a high end blog:
The striking oval shape, an imposing silhouette that is almost 1.70 meters high, and the gleaming surfaces combine to create a spectacular yet graceful and almost sculpted figure. The monolithic speaker cabinet weighing 140 kg rests on a 25-kg stand milled from a single block of aluminum.

ps LOL if you got the subs in this thread, the installing team maybe could install your speakers at the same time.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis