Does a 2.1 micro-component exist?

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I'm looking for a 2.1 micro-component system similar to the Denon D-M39S but with a sub-out for a subwoofer to install in my bedroom. Does such a thing even exist? :confused:

Surfing the intergoogle has been fruitless. I believe TEAC makes a model (TEAC AG-L800) but it's almost impossible to find it new and rarely comes on the market for sale used. I want to exhaust all possibilities before purchasing a Topping TP60 Tripath Class T TA2022 Digital Amplifier. While the specs/build are superb, the limitations on the amount of inputs (2), no AM/FM receiver and no sub-out are giving me pause. I realize I could go with a low power solid state AVR from Denon/Yamaha/etc., I'm trying to keep it as a small form factor setup. I'm hooking up a pair of Triangle Titus 202's with a Velodyne sub initially and then hopefully I can pickup a small sealed Sunfire 8" sub unit down the road.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
This new Yamaha has nice features and sub out. not sure if the crossover is fixed from a quick look at the manual. Does have a small EQ included though. You can also just purchase the receiver unit separately. (2 models are available)

Last edited:
Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Really? :eek: Yamaha? Cool. :) I'm a Yammy fan from way back and I mean way back. :D

Model numbers? I'm aware of their MCR730BL & MCR-140 models but I'm pretty sure they don't have a sub-out, unless they've modified them in the last year or so.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
CRX-N560 network receiver only and MCRX-N560 with receiver and speakers also the MCR/CRX 332 versions (non network)

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
CRX-N560 network receiver only and MCRX-N560 with receiver and speakers also the MCR/CRX 332 versions (non network)
Thanks. In hindsight I should have gone directly to Yamaha/Denon/Onkyo's web sites in the last year or so. The CRX-N560 has the most appeal, power wise (Output Power/Channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD) - 32 W + 32 W) and features. I'm really surprised this segment (micro-components) of the audiophile world doesn't have more choices.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Very, very nice and a little more juice (65W at 8ohm). The only off-putting thing was the 30 day warranty. :eek: I don't know what Yamaha's CRX-N560 warranty is ... the user manual doesn't indicate it ... but like most of their products I would assume it's a year at least. Thanks.
I would imagine you would get a year on that stuff... The M1's are a $2300 discount!!! I have played with that stuff, very very nice...

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I would imagine you would get a year on that stuff... The M1's are a $2300 discount!!! I have played with that stuff, very very nice...
I don't doubt its nice but the web page indicates a 30 day warranty. OK sorry :eek:, that's MD's personal warranty; return with no questions asked. Why such a big discount? Out of production or out of business?

Well, I have to step out. I have to meet a man about a ... :D

Thanks to all who responded. You guys are the best.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
The series is changing, Music fidelity is a good company they make the HUGE class a amplifier , music direct has deals like this once and a while, I know of people who payed full price for that setup and love it, I have seen them setup as dual mono blocks, so some people think its good enough to spend $4K on, look on you tube there are some vids of how that dac works, it is awesome... If I had room for another system I would have bought that and another amp, that is 100+ watts per channel with the dac for $1500.. Pair them with a new pair of seirra 2's and you would have something special...

If you don't want to spend that much I would just build a system, use a sb1000, topping tp 60 or emo mini x, with a small dac and cd player, the sb100 will handle you sub and main crossing...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
mini X is a heck of a little unit, I use one in my office and one on the boat, the are really really nice..

I am still waiting for my Olive One http://www.myoliveone.com/ if it does what they say it will be epic...

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've been having issues with the UMC-200 turning the TP-60 on and the A-100 can be triggered, so I will give that one a try instead and use the TP-60 somewhere else.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I hate auto on... When ever I have to use something with out a trigger, like subs, amps, ect I use a smart power supply, which essentially is an auto on, but more reliable and kills power completely when off...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?gclid=CMqZ9KuDqbwCFUUV7AodSl4AyA&Item=N82E16812820003&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Surge+Suppressors-_-N82E16812820003&ef_id=UhFkLAAABLKKc2Zo:20140131181904:s

So you plug your receiver into the "main" and then your amp and subs into the "slaves" and when the main senses power consumption it turns power on to the slaves.... It actually got rid of a thump I used to hear in one of my old subs, when ever the sub would auto on it would thump, with the smart strip, no more thump... I don't own that sub anymore but still have the strip...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My sub is on its own Panamax that can be triggered, but I don't have any issues with it needing to be. When I go out of town I shut off the Panamax. My XPA-3 powers up fine (triggered though, previous surround amp was also), but the TP-60 just started doing this recently. I emailed PE about it and they issued an RMA and said they'd look at it and replace if needed. With your TP-60, do they just come on when they see signal or no? Mine does not and has to be turned off and back on before it clicks on, sometimes more than once. It didn't have issues analog direct to my Oppo.

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I just turn it on since it is powering a set of bookshelfs and I use it with an ipod....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis