Do LEDs emit interference...

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
I'm looking for some LED lights to put under my cd player rack to illuminate my turntable. It's a pain to put vinyl and align the needle while just using the overhead light, specially with a few drinks.;) read somewhere that LEDs emit interference. Any truth to that? Just looking for some string lights or such to illuminate that are alone. They can be battery of ac powered. Any suggestions?

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, you will hear self proclaimed Audiophiles claiming they can hear this and that from things they do not understand...:confused: :rolleyes:

The early generation of LED lighting, LED X-Mas lights and rope lights might create little noise on the power lines because they are a string of LED's connected in series with a resistor. Most of this type will also have some noticeable flicker because they are turning off and on 60 times a second.

Modern LED lighting has a regulator inside the bulb base, and powers the bulb from DC eliminating flicker and noise.

If you are worried about any audiophile acquaintances whining about your lamp making their ears hurt get a battery powered LED puck, or just turn the light off after you set the needle down.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, you will hear self proclaimed Audiophiles claiming they can hear this and that from things they do not understand...:confused: :rolleyes:

The early generation of LED lighting, LED X-Mas lights and rope lights might create little noise on the power lines because they are a string of LED's connected in series with a resistor. Most of this type will also have some noticeable flicker because they are turning off and on 60 times a second.

Modern LED lighting has a regulator inside the bulb base, and powers the bulb from DC eliminating flicker and noise.

If you are worried about any audiophile acquaintances whining about your lamp making their ears hurt get a battery powered LED puck, or just turn the light off after you set the needle down.
Well said.

To the OP, this is solid advice.

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
I figured as much. I guess it's on to find some nice LEDs for the tt. Thanks guys.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis