Dlo Homedock Deluxe For I-pod Video

hv9200

hv9200

Audioholic Intern
Hello All,

Took delivery of the newly released Homedock deluxe on Friday. Thought I would give you my first impressions.

This unit claims "The DLO HomeDock Deluxe is the world's first iPod dock that lets you view and select your iPod's music on your TV screen. It'll change the way you experience your iPod and your music."

Inside the box:
the Homedock itself, Remote, power cord, Rca cable and manual.

Outputs:
RCA out for Video and Audio
S-Video out

Setup:
Takes only a few minutes to set up, holds Ipod very securely and matches my black video Ipod nicely.

Equipment used:
30G 5TH GEN Video Ipod
60" SXRD
Yamaha RXV795A
Parasound A23
Boston VR3's

Connections:
Connected HomeDock Deluxe to SXRD Via S-Video
RCA L - R Audio to Yamaha RX-V795A

First Impressions:
Audio quality for music tracks far batter than I expected. This being my first Ipod and never listening to it other than via headphone I was really not expecting much for audio quality. Very impressed with audio output on almost every track.

Video quality:
In the manual, it states "not quite DVD quality yet!" well, as you may expect this is an understatement, the Video downloaded to the Ipod is designed to be viewed in the Ipods tiny screen, I was really unsure what it was going to look like on the 60" SXRD. The manual states it is of VHS quality...eh. not quite, for those of you with similar sets...think SD broadcast. thats the best way I can describe. Tested on several episodes of "LOST" . Although the video quality was not great..it was still watchable. The Audio on LOST was better than I expected as well. No where near the DD HD broadcast...but still very good.

Quick pro's:
Good if not excellent Audio quality
acceptable video quality
solid base and charge dock
on screen menu for music very good

Quick Cons:
Remote quirky and not easy to use on video mode
No on screen menu for video mode
base get a bit warm

have not really played with this much...but for those who were thinking about getting one....not a bad unit

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis