DIY Cabinet-Grade Computer Station

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....I been working mine buttocks off today in the HT....guys, please, I went to Wal-Mart and Sam's looking for a computer station today....I liked one at Wal-Mart ok, I guess, for 89 bucks, but it looked so plain and open, and short, and backless, and not really cabinet-grade, with a funky door, know what I mean?....they had one put together out in the aisle....three choices at Sam's were higher, maybe had decent quality, but were more modular and not wood on two of them, but plastic and metal tubing....the wood one didn't look 1/4 as good as some I have seen, but how do you measure that?....I've seen some that looked "anything" but plain, but don't know where to go from here locally....can go 150 bucks or so....here's my restraints room-wise....doesn't matter how tall it is, as long as it will fit in an 8 foot room....it cannot be wider than 68 inches, nor front-to-back of more than 24 inches....guys, I've seen some in flyers and in person that looked great....surely you can order something killer online cheaper....you computer hounds, please direct me to a site that has killer cabinet-grade wood put-together DIY computer stations....I can maybe stretch that 150 to 250-300 plastic for the right one....the 24 inch measurement front to back, and the 68 side-to-side are strict....ain't got a clue, boys....(as usual).....

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I perfer a plain desk. A top with room for my tower, monitor and Comp speakers. The bottom having a droore and a cubby hole.

Nothing fancy, it gets over complicated and messy.

SheepStar

Heres a pic of my desk.

Attachments

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Sheep said:
I perfer a plain desk. A top with room for my tower, monitor and Comp speakers. The bottom having a droore and a cubby hole.

SheepStar

Heres a pic of my desk.
.....nice looking computer station, Sheep, and that tower is probably the best looking one I have ever seen....what is that sitting on the floor just to the left of the desk?....

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
mulester7 said:
.....nice looking computer station, Sheep, and that tower is probably the best looking one I have ever seen....what is that sitting on the floor just to the left of the desk?....
Its an air compressor. I use it to dust my computer and other electronic poop. You can barely see it but my Small canon is on top if it.

SheepStar

droeses58

droeses58

Audioholic
Mule,....shopping at Walmart and they won't even say Merry Christmas, shame, shame.

That's a nice one Brian found for you, though.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
droeses58 said:
Mule,....shopping at Walmart and they won't even say Merry Christmas, shame, shame.

That's a nice one Brian found for you, though.
Please don't say your one of those religious people thats PO'd becasue they say happy holidays rather then merry christmas...

SheepStar

droeses58

droeses58

Audioholic
Sheep said:
Please don't say your one of those religious people thats PO'd becasue they say happy holidays rather then merry christmas...

SheepStar
Po'd that they say happy holidays? No, Po'd that they wouldn't allow there employees to say Merry Christmas.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
droeses58 said:
Po'd that they say happy holidays? No, Po'd that they wouldn't allow there employees to say Merry Christmas.
I don't see the big deal. Not everyone celebrates christmas. You can cover all bases by saying Happy Holidays.

SheepStar

weejimmee

weejimmee

Audiophyte
Pic attached of a work in progress ie. a bit messy.

I bought a chrome steel shelving unit from costco, retractable keyboard hardware from home depot and had them cut some mdf shelves for the desktop. All up it cost me around $130. It depends whether you want a nice finished timber or a more industrial look...I love the flexibility of this, plus this is in a closet in my home theater and folds away nicely when not in use.

The wire shelves are adjustable in 1" increments and are good for ventillation and cable management (which I will do one of these days... just fine tuning the setup). Considering putting pegboard on the back to obscure the mess and for cable ties - home depot sell 2x4 sheets with a silver face that fit the 4" width perfectly - no cutting! In fact the 6 x 4 x 2 dimension make buying pre-cut sheeting a breeze. The uprights can be unscrewed to be made into two 3 x 4' benches if you like. I also kept the wheels on the bottom to simplify access to components.

Sheep said:

SheepStar

Heres a pic of my desk.

Attachments

edwelly

edwelly

Full Audioholic
Sheep said:
I don't see the big deal. Not everyone celebrates christmas. You can cover all bases by saying Happy Holidays.

SheepStar
Ok, I know this is kinda old to respond to but for me, I say Merry Christmas because that is what I celebrate. it has nothing to do with what another person celebrates. I think is what we (we and in people) keep forgetting. If you celebrate something different then you should say what you celebrate. If someone tells me Happy Holidays I respond 'Thank you and Merry Christmas' - no harm...

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
edwelly said:
Ok, I know this is kinda old to respond to but for me, I say Merry Christmas because that is what I celebrate. it has nothing to do with what another person celebrates. I think is what we (we and in people) keep forgetting. If you celebrate something different then you should say what you celebrate. If someone tells me Happy Holidays I respond 'Thank you and Merry Christmas' - no harm...
Yes, but if your a buisenss, its good not to take sides. Personally I say merry christmas too, and I don't even go to church.

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis