Divinci DV-6030 any reviews?

D

Doug Johnson

Audiophyte
Hello, I am being told by a seller that these home theater speakers, (5.1), have an MSRP of over $2k - however he is selling them for $300

The mfg's web address is: www.divincisound.com

I can't find any reviews - has anyone got any experience with these?

Thanks

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
I saw them

I saw those on ebay, alot of power for the money not sure if there on the same line as theater research

D

Doug Johnson

Audiophyte
S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Would you buy a wrist watch from a street vendor?

"Psst. Mister, wanna buy a watch. Look, look I got some nice Rolax watches. Rolax too much for ya, no problem I got some really nice Seeko watches. Come'on Mister I know you need a new watch."

Well White Vans speakers are the audio equivilent of Rolax watches.

Back in the day, street smart hustlers would hang out on college campuses, in the parking lot in front of Circuit City etc and sell "high quality" audio speakers and equipment out of a nondescript van. Product names could have ranged from Polke to Accoutica Research or maybe they were JBC. Just a play on the respected brands of the day. Big retail price, but because I like you I will let you have my last pair, my demo model or whatever for "great savings" over what you could buy the legitimate products.

Nondescript white vans cost money. So today the con artist is selling on ebay (and through internet sites). Grab a few aliases, make a few sales to yourself to buzz up the seller's rating, make a post or three on some forums and before long you too can be selling audio products.

Don't get me wrong, these products most likely will work (unlike that Rolax watch), but for the $ spent, you could have bought a much better product from a respected company.

Is every online or ebay vendor a scam? Gosh darn, NO. Take Axiom speakers (I don't own any Axiom products), online sales only. And the speakers I have heard are quite good.

But reputations are built over time, not over weeks.

The internet can serve as your guide for finding quality products. But you also need to screen the information.

patnshan

patnshan

Senior Audioholic
Doug Johnson said:
Hello - thanks for your input. I went to the links you provided and could not find anything on the DV-6030's?

Perhaps I missed it? I saw a lot about "white van" scams - this deal was on ebay.

Please elaborate.

thanks,
From the ecoustics link:

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 10:55 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I join the ranks of victims. Please laugh with me not at me. I came across these 2 guys in Milwaukee WI, I fell for it hook line and sinker. The guys were in an older car and had to use a screwdriver to open the trunk. They revealed 2 huge speakers and the smaller theater box. TR-6030. The guy showered me with compliments (must be "rich" but I may have to find someone richer). Msrp $26XX, such a good deal I should buy him dinner; he was going to the txxxie bar tonight.....Well I paid him over $300 and gave him 6 singles for his trip to the txxxie bar. I will have sucker marked on my forehead for a long, long time. I feel used but I named my price. Can you say sucker!

Substitute your "DV" for the "TR" in this post. They change the names of the white van crap to try and hide what they really are.

Pat

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Dude, these same scam speakers are everywhere, this just have different names.

Trust us, these are junk.

SheepStar

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
Doug Johnson said:
Hello, I am being told by a seller that these home theater speakers, (5.1), have an MSRP of over $2k - however he is selling them for $300

The mfg's web address is: www.divincisound.com

I can't find any reviews - has anyone got any experience with these?

Thanks
MSRP only applies for reputable electronics. If it's a non-reputable brand, do you trust them when they say the MSRP is over $2K? I don't think so.

V

vlspoon

Audiophyte
Dv-6030

$300 is good they got my 61 year old retired dad for $600 in St. Louis,MO in front of his bank! White non-descript truck MSRP $3k, I called the number listed on the website (www.divincisounds.com) they had less info than the packaging this crap came in. This is a scam for sure, it's that time of year please be aware.

V

vlspoon

Audiophyte
vlspoon said:
$300 is good they got my 61 year old retired dad for $600 in

St. Louis,MO in front of his bank! White non-descript truck MSRP $3k, I called

the number listed on the website (www.divincisounds.com) they had

less info than the packaging this crap came in. The seller claims DV-6030 can

only be purchased wholesale. This is a scam for sure, it's that

time of year please be aware.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Have a look at my thread at HTF, it has almost all you need to find the "white van speakers scam. Please feel free to give me the names of more so I can put them in. If fact I think I will duplicate the thread start and put it here so I can cover more ground, as I don't want others to fall into the trap.

~darkness~

Audiophyte
I got scam

well im 19 year old i got scam :mad: this suck if i only new this i wont of have got the di vinci 3060 and i paid $380 this suck and i got the guys number its (510) 495-7422 but what can i do with this now and i call him and it works cuz i call him and he answer this really suck i really want to kick there a$$ badly but i would need some help with to do that should i call him and tell him that i have a friend that wants to buy one oh and it was in a bank Washigton Mutual in the one in Firestone blvd. in DOWNEY, CA 90241

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
That is why I started a thread asking why that forum exists. They have some really "der" people on that forum.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis