Distance and Height of LCD RPTV

R

Redbone

Audioholic
Can anyone tell me the guidlines for seating distance and vertical height for a new Big screen LCD RPTV?

I will be sitting about 9.5ft from the tv and my eye viewing height is 48" when seated.

The salesman who sold me a 50" didnt seem to understand distance and height and ended up selling me a set that I think is to big. I have the set on a 31" pedestal that brings the center of the screen to 65" which is about 8" higher than my straight ahead seated eye view. The picture seems good but my neck is starting to hurt after looking up. :eek:

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
The guideline for seating distance from a widescreen tv is generally 1.5 to 2 times the width of the screen. For all tvs, the height of the tv should be set such that the center of the screen is at eye level when you are seated. Naturally, personal preferences override any of that and you can experiment to find out what suits you best.

Using said guidelines, you could sit anywhere from 75 to 100 inches away from a 50" LCD - So 9.5 ft away should be fine as its actually a bit further away than the general rules would specify.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis