Dish Network Qustions

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I’m a longtime semi-sort of-somewhat-almost-semi-satisfied (not reallly) dish network HD customer and I’m thinking about making the jump to MPEG4 with one 622 HD DVR plus one no-frills HD receiver for my bedroom, MPEG-4 being necessary for a package of around 25 mainly so-so channels of HD, including a few nice local HD channels. Dish has hands down the most HD channels as a result of their purchase of Voom. My question is at what resolution… Direct TV is advertising that they broadcast at 1080i on their hand-full of HD channels, while Dish just says that they “support” 1080i on their 20ish MPEG-4 HD channels. Does anybody know what resolution Dish broadcasts? If I'm going to get stuck signing an 18 month contract I want it to be for something that I'm going to be happy with.

If I wasn’t in the sticks and thought it would work (100+ miles, plus hill issues) I’d put up a 30’ antenna mast and try to pull in 9+ “local” Los Angles HD stations and stick with a mid-priced Dish or Direct package but it’s a way iffy proposition. The problem is that a seriously wind resistant over the air HD antenna and serious mast is about a $500-600 investment - assuming that it even works. LA AM radio is like one station here, and FM is works with most but is static laden.

I can’t wait for FIOS to get here (2-3 yrs) to give me another choice.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis