Discount Speaker internet retailer suggestions / shares

S

scattershot

Audioholic
Hello:

I'm often the go-to guy for friends and family to help them find speaker systems (typically lower to mid-range bookshelf speakers and 5.1 systems in the $200-$1200 range, for example).

Does anyone know if any good US/Canadian websites that carry clearance models or discounted brand name speakers?

For example, I know of these 3 sites that occasionally have smoking deals on popular brand name speakers:

1)
Best of AUDIO

2)
NewAudioVideo

3)
musicdirect:
(Fyi Music Direct has the 30 day guarantee on many speakers. If you are interested, call and ask if you are able to return the speakers if you are not 100% satisfied. )

Please only list websites that contain the following criteria:
-they will mail products directly to customers (E.g. no brick and mortar ONLY places listed that way everyone in the US and Canada can order from the places listed).
-Do NOT sell "gray market" speakers e.g. we only want to list (and share) places where the manufacturer's warranty will be recognized.

For example, musicdirect gets specials periodically like this:
http://www.musicdirect.com/p-83551-focal-profile-908-diamond-black-pr.aspx?source=igodigital&
FOCAL - PROFILE 908 DIAMOND BLACK pair, MSRP $3000, Clearance $1000.

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Well, there's Accessories 4 Less. They sell refurb Boston, KEF, and other nice name brands. But in that price range, there are tons of speakers worth considering from Internet-direct manufacturers that are a good deal without having to wait for a clearance. SVS, Ascend, Philharmonic, HTD, Hsu, and tons of others have a good price / performance ratio without the B&M markup. For Canadian speakers, I like Fluance, though I'm not sure they strictly meet your criteria.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Well, bestofaudio and newaudiovideo do not meet your criteria. They are unauthorized dealers.

Music Direct is legit.

S

scattershot

Audioholic
Well, there's Accessories 4 Less. They sell refurb Boston, KEF, and other nice name brands. But in that price range, there are tons of speakers worth considering from Internet-direct manufacturers that are a good deal without having to wait for a clearance. SVS, Ascend, Philharmonic, HTD, Hsu, and tons of others have a good price / performance ratio without the B&M markup. For Canadian speakers, I like Fluance, though I'm not sure they strictly meet your criteria.
Forgot about Accessories4Less thanks!
I know SVS and some of the other brands you speakers of (particularly the subwoofer companies like HSU and SVS)
Problem is some of these friends only feel confident in the "brand name" products like Klipsch, Paradigm, Focal, Tannoy, Energy, Polk, etc. so hence why I am looking for companies that discount those well-known brand name speakers online.
Thanks

S

scattershot

Audioholic
Well, bestofaudio and newaudiovideo do not meet your criteria. They are unauthorized dealers.

Music Direct is legit.
Hmm my prior source is wrong, didn't realize that bestofaudio and newaudiovideo were unauthorized (grey market) dealers - thanks for clearing that up!

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Audio Advisor is another spot to check. They're not a discount retailer per se, but they do have a clearance section that might be worth a look.

R

ratm

Audioholic
Curious? Why limit it to "brand name"? There are several companies that are internet direct and offer exceptional value and great products. Home Theater Direct, Arx, Ascend, etc. They all ship direct and most offer a 30 day in home trial period.

nova

nova

Full Audioholic
May want to check out Saturday Audio they usually have some pretty good deals on PSB and Monitor Audio, occasionally other brands as well; Thiel, Klipsch, KEF et al.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
new egg has some decent deals sometimes, amazon also will surprise you with a $1200 ave for $400 sometimes... I have to say the best I have found is Music direct for the higher end stuff...

S

scattershot

Audioholic
Audio Advisor is another spot to check. They're not a discount retailer per se, but they do have a clearance section that might be worth a look.
Audio Advisor
A clearance section that occasionally has name brand speakers is definitely a useful site - thank you!

S

scattershot

Audioholic
I forgot to mention let's keep this thread solely to reputable websites (that are licenses dealers and therefore have valid warranties)
and let's keep off grey market distributors
or buy/sell places (Craigslist, Audigon, Ebay, Craigslist, etc.)
Thanks

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I believe that all the suggestions you've gotten so far have been reputable dealers. Who was suggested that isn't?

S

scattershot

Audioholic
I believe that all the suggestions you've gotten so far have been reputable dealers. Who was suggested that isn't?
Yes all of them have been (and some of them have been excellent suggestions!) just warning future contributors to keep the suggestions reputable and stay away from companies that sell grey market equipment (e.g. companies that aren't authorized to sell the name brand product so there may be warranty issues like with Best of AUDIO and NewAudioVideo.)

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You might find that sound you hear is the bucket hitting the bottom of the well.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis