Dirac App Looks Promising!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Just read about this over at Sound & Vision and find it rather interesting. Personally, I have always preferred the likes of Audyssey. Now, I may soon actually have another option. Not exactly sure just yet what the App will cost. Actually, there is no telling to be quite candid here. But, I admit is does look rather promising. Here is a link for those that may be interested:

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/dirac-announces-friendly-room-correction-tool

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Is this a new toy? My experience with apps has been less than stellar...

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Now, I may soon actually have another option. Not exactly sure just yet what the App will cost.
My guess is it will cost the price of a new AVR:

Sound & Vision said:
The app will be compatible with most AV receivers equipped with the embedded Dirac Live audio filters and algorithms.
I daresay your AVR (and mine) is not so equipped. Examples of AVRs which do include Dirac Live would be some AudioControl and some Arcam AVRs. And maybe Pioneer will at some point in the future?

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
It is my understanding that this App will have both Android and/or Apple versions. As such, I figured it can be setup via a smartphone and/or tablet. The Audyssey Editor App is like $20. Was hoping the Dirac App was not too much more. But, there is not much word on it from what I garner. Perhaps, more info will come soon. The question of mic is certainly paramount. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
It will be interesting to see how this new Dirac App will be fully integrated. Just hoping that there is a way I could use it w/o needing to spend a lot of money. Who knows, maybe I am dreaming once again! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis