Digital optical out volume and quality loss ?

C

Cakcak

Audiophyte
Hello everybody. Here's an issue that i cant figure out. İ have marantz sr7500 av receiver and only two jbl e50 bookshelf speakers connected. When i listen to music over ipod or marantz cd player or any aux it is great (on all channels). But. An hdtv (samsung led) is connected by digital optical and i connected my laptop using hdmi to tv. Then take the audio out from tv to receiver by digital optical out. Voice is horrible and volume is so low. Why is this can anyone give an idea ? By the way source(laptop) is bad, a streaming video(way too bad) decoding-recoding , too many cables and electricity on the way. Ok. But though knowing these. İt sounds pretty bad. There must be something missing. Can anyone help?
Thank you !

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello everybody. Here's an issue that i cant figure out. İ have marantz sr7500 av receiver and only two jbl e50 bookshelf speakers connected. When i listen to music over ipod or marantz cd player or any aux it is great (on all channels). But. An hdtv (samsung led) is connected by digital optical and i connected my laptop using hdmi to tv. Then take the audio out from tv to receiver by digital optical out. Voice is horrible and volume is so low. Why is this can anyone give an idea ? By the way source(laptop) is bad, a streaming video(way too bad) decoding-recoding , too many cables and electricity on the way. Ok. But though knowing these. İt sounds pretty bad. There must be something missing. Can anyone help?
Thank you !
If the common part is the optical link, inspect it for kinks or tight bends. If it's longer than you need, is the excess coiled in a tight loop? Leave it loose and as straight as possible.

C

Cakcak

Audiophyte
Hello highfigh !
The cable is way too long and the excess was coiled in a loop from the first day i bought. just like u said !
I loosen it and if i'm listening to it objectively (because i'm so excited) it sounds exactly better i mean volume level is normal.
I didnt know some details like this have a certain influence on the system.
Thanks a lot for your help !!!
There is one more thing if you can help me out.
It is that the volume level differs too much between modes. For ex csII has the highest volume level, dolby pl2x and dts is lower than that, stereo is the lowest and pure direct mode i can barely hear.
İs this why i use a 5.1 avr with only 2 front speakers (calibrated in this setup) or depends on the source that does/doesnt support the audio codec ?
or both ?
I appreciate for your help !

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello highfigh !
The cable is way too long and the excess was coiled in a loop from the first day i bought. just like u said !
I loosen it and if i'm listening to it objectively (because i'm so excited) it sounds exactly better i mean volume level is normal.
I didnt know some details like this have a certain influence on the system.
Thanks a lot for your help !!!
There is one more thing if you can help me out.
It is that the volume level differs too much between modes. For ex csII has the highest volume level, dolby pl2x and dts is lower than that, stereo is the lowest and pure direct mode i can barely hear.
İs this why i use a 5.1 avr with only 2 front speakers (calibrated in this setup) or depends on the source that does/doesnt support the audio codec ?
or both ?
I appreciate for your help !
If you use only two speakers and are in a surround mode, some of the sound will be removed from the Left and Right channels, intended to be sent to a center channel and surround speakers. If you don't have and don't plan to use a Center or surround speakers, you should be operating in Stereo mode, to hear all of the program material.

Glad to see the other problem seems to be gone.

C

Cakcak

Audiophyte
That's right. Got it.
Yes the problem is gone. By your help :)
Thanks a lot !

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis