Digital Coaxial to Toslink Converters

D

Dankul

Enthusiast
Hi, I'm trying to connect my laptop spdif output to my receiver which requires a cable of about 22 feet. I already have a digital coaxial cable that is long enough but would need to buy a converter. Another option would be to order a toslink cable that is long enough since most store don't have one that long.

Here's the link of the converters:

http://www.google.com/products?q=coaxial+optical+converter&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

I couldn't find much info on the converter. Is there any sound quality loss using them? Ordering the optical cable from bluejeans wouldn't cost that much more but I see that coaxial are usually recommended for longer distances. Which option would should I go with? Thanks

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
If I may make a suggestion, you could also order a longer Toslink cable from monoprice.com for quite a bit less. They have a 25-foot cable for about $8.

I don't think that you'd notice any difference in sound. Perhaps people recommend coax for longer runs due to the cable being more robust? The link that I provided to monoprice is for a cable that gets good reviews and looks pretty robust to me.

I've recommended those adapters as possibilies for some people's systems. They get mixed reviews, though. I've never used one, but success and quality seems hit or miss with those.

D

Dankul

Enthusiast
ooow, forgot about monoprice, thanks. Just ordered it yesterday and says its gonna be delivered today.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis