Did I connect it wrong?

• Thread starter Do you even lift bro?
  • Start date
Do you even lift bro?

Do you even lift bro?

Enthusiast
The inputs I have available are Aux, PC USB, Optical and Coaxial. No regular USB. Would one of the other inputs possibly solve the issue? I'm not real familiar with what each one does. I have my CD changer hooked up to the optical right now.

D

dolynick

Audioholic
The inputs I have available are Aux, PC USB, Optical and Coaxial. No regular USB. Would one of the other inputs possibly solve the issue? I'm not real familiar with what each one does. I have my CD changer hooked up to the optical right now.
You have PC USB. That's the USB input on the Fosi I was referring to.

I'm not sure why they're singling out as "PC USB". Maybe because it's a type B connection and a different shape? Otherwise USB is more or less just USB, just with different shapes and speeds.

Do you even lift bro?

Do you even lift bro?

Enthusiast
You have PC USB. That's the USB input on the Fosi I was referring to.

I'm not sure why they're singling out as "PC USB". Maybe because it's a type B connection and a different shape? Otherwise USB is more or less just USB, just with different shapes and speeds.
So if I get a USB C to PC USB adaptor that might solve this. Is that correct

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not sure how to find out. Should I look for a "better" one and see if that makes a difference?
The ones I looked up have a dac built in, and the 3.5mm is an analog output....I'd just use a totally digital connection into the Fosi....

D

dolynick

Audioholic
So if I get a USB C to PC USB adaptor that might solve this. Is that correct
It should result in the Fosi reporting whatever the native bitrate of the file is (44.1, 96, etc) and it would cut out one set of conversions from the path (less chance of extra noise, etc).

A USB cable is usually pretty inexpensive, so it should be easy to try if you wanted to.

Do you even lift bro?

Do you even lift bro?

Enthusiast
It should result in the Fosi reporting whatever the native bitrate of the file is (44.1, 96, etc) and it would cut out one set of conversions from the path (less chance of extra noise, etc).

A USB cable is usually pretty inexpensive, so it should be easy to try if you wanted to.
Thank you. PC USB is different than a regular USB though right

Do you even lift bro?

Do you even lift bro?

Enthusiast
I'm not familiar with "PC USB" particularly myself :) My laptop has no USB B connections....
Well I just bought one off Amazon and it'll be here tomorrow. Hopefully it works. I'm sure I can't even notice a difference between the sampled and unsampled. It's just piece of mind that I'm listening to the music the way it was intended and not getting scrambled up. Thanks for the help.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well I just bought one off Amazon and it'll be here tomorrow. Hopefully it works. I'm sure I can't even notice a difference between the sampled and unsampled. It's just piece of mind that I'm listening to the music the way it was intended and not getting scrambled up. Thanks for the help.
There are tests of multiple adc/dac conversions to see if you can tell the difference....unlikely you can. :)

Do you even lift bro?

Do you even lift bro?

Enthusiast
There are tests of multiple adc/dac conversions to see if you can tell the difference....unlikely you can. :)
So I got the USB C to USB Type B and hooked up my DAP to it and it's reading 44.1 correctly now. It worked.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis