device to blend subwoofers

D

docferdie

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>is there a device that lets me take the subwoofer out of my receiver and send different frequencies to different subwoofers? I would like to have one sub do 50-80 Hz and the other do 20-50 Hz.</font>

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>If you have a regular powered subs, with speaker level inputs, and crossover settings within your range, send the amp/receivers speaker level signal to the lower subs speaker level inputs,  then send all speaker signals from the lower subs speaker level outputs to the upper subs speaker level inputs, then send the speaker signals from the upper subs speaker level outputs to the left and right speakers.  I did this with two Yamaha YST-SW315s and it sounded like it worked.

A second method would be to use a splitter (Parts Express part # 181-692) at the amp/receivers sub output. &nbsp;On the line to the 20-50 Hz sub use a low pass filter (Parts Express part # 266-250). &nbsp;On the line to the 50-80 Hz sub, use a high pass filter (Parts Express part # 266-270). &nbsp;These filters are for car systems, but they should work fine and the total cost should be less than $65 including shipping

A third method would be to use an active crossover, or a home built passive one.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis