Denon X3300, $600 plus shipping

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
bought it on sale a week ago.

aftert thinking about it some, this is way too much receiver for my small room. it was an impulse buy.

i have not opened the box. will include receipt, i believe the warranty is transferable

i accept paypal but buyer pays the 3% fee

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

aftert thinking about it some, this is way too much receiver for my small room. it was an impulse buy.

i have not opened the box. will include receipt, i believe the warranty is transferable

Didnt you pay $500? I still think its has little to do with your room compared to what may be best for your speakers...

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
yes and isnt it way too much avr for 11x11 room? im trying to get the denon x1300 on sale.

my current plan is klipsch rp160m with klipsch rp390, hsu mk5 for the low end.

im almost set on that setup except maybe ill go for the rp260s instead because buying stands makes me cringe. but i dont want the extra woofers on those towers to drown out that awesome treble my desktop rp160ms have

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
yes and isnt it way too much avr for 11x11 room? im trying to get the denon x1300 on sale.
How is it too much AVR? Regardless, thats a pretty nice unit for what you paid for it. I'd probably just keep it. I just upgraded from an X1200W. I wouldn't go backwards.
im almost set on that setup except maybe ill go for the rp260s instead because buying stands makes me cringe. but i dont want the extra woofers on those towers to drown out that awesome treble my desktop rp160ms have
Huh? Desktop? Towers? Extra woofers? Don't you have a small room? RP 260? Do you mean the entire speaker package?

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
im not going to use atmos, not going to use its bluetooth wifi heos etc capabilities. want something similar to a denon 1712. audyssey bronze or silver, but dont want to spend over $300 for it.

just trying to get what i need for a small 11x11 room. i already have a firestick to take care of streaming.
need something basic 5.1 with audyssey, thats pretty much it. looked at the denon 510 but it doesnt have audyssey, or id go for it on accessories4less

dont need towers, perfectly satisfied with the rp160s sound, but with stands makes me want to get the 260s, but afraid the extra woofers on those would take over a lil bit regarding the tweeters. the rp160s sound perfect to my ears.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

my current plan is klipsch rp160m with klipsch rp390, hsu mk5 for the low end.

The woofers in a speaker enclosure shouldn't overpower its other drivers or other speakers; even adding subwoofers won't do that unless you set it up to do that particularly. The biggest difference among avrs is not the amp section (they're all basically within a few dB of each other) but rather the features/connectivity they offer, so think of it in that sense and see what you can live without, but the 3300's Audyssey XT32/SubEQ feature and preouts (rather than XT in the 1300 and no preouts) is worth something, too.

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord

This is a really good price. I paid $630 for mine and it is refurbished from Acc4less. Then, like $9 more dollars for shipping and the extended warranty was another $40 or so. I would be all over this if I hadn't already bought my X3300. Best wishes to the OP!:):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
im not going to use atmos, not going to use its bluetooth wifi heos etc capabilities. want something similar to a denon 1712. audyssey bronze or silver, but dont want to spend over $300 for it.

just trying to get what i need for a small 11x11 room. i already have a firestick to take care of streaming.
need something basic 5.1 with audyssey, thats pretty much it. looked at the denon 510 but it doesnt have audyssey, or id go for it on accessories4less

dont need towers, perfectly satisfied with the rp160s sound, but with stands makes me want to get the 260s, but afraid the extra woofers on those would take over a lil bit regarding the tweeters. the rp160s sound perfect to my ears.
Not really getting why stands would be an issue. They have about the same footprint as floor standers and you can get better quality from a bookshelf in the same price range as a tower.

By all accounts I've seen the RP160 is a great speaker. you could get 2 (or 3) more to complete your surrounds/center and get a good subwoofer. I recommend a few of the usual suspects like Hsu, SVS or Rythmik for that. I really love the look and performance of SVS' products, but you can get similar performance from Hsu for a little less with the focus being sq first and aesthetics second.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

The great thing about having "too much" receiver or speakers for your room is that you can always turn down the volume...

However, if you only wanted to pay $300 for a receiver, why did you get this one? Also, why not just take it back as stated above?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Is the warranty transferable?
If the OP bought the extended warranty from Acc4less, then said warranty can be transferred. However, there is a $25 fee to do so. Not sure about the actual manufacture's warranty. Especially now that DEI bought both Denon and/or Marantz. Terms and conditions may have changed. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
ill have to double check with frys electronics, but i believe it is
Should be in your Denon documentation, it's their warranty, not Fry's....don't believe the standard warranty is transferable, altho if someone used the original receipt from Fry's when asked by Denon....

J

JHN272

Audiophyte
If hpbdc doesn't take it, I will. I can PayPal immediately. You can email me at my username @ gmail.com.

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
no bites in 2 weeks so i opened it a couple days ago when i received my new speakers. its pretty awesome, especially the audyssey and sub eq.
not sure what to do from here

H

hpbdc

Audiophyte
Are you thinking of keeping it now or would you still like to get rid of it?

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
now im thinking about keeping it unless the x1300 or something similar with audyssey silver goes on sale soon.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis