Denon stereo + Paradigm speakers

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
I called about this advert and the seller was able to tell me thet the speaker brand is Paradigm but he didn't know the model number. He also couldn't find the model number of the Denon gear in the cabinet either.
It's supposed to be a stereo receiver and a multi-disc changer.

Anyways he was asking $200 for the entire setup and I need something for the garage.
Anyone recognize any of this gear and think it 's worth it?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, as long as the speakers work, they are likely worth at least half of that - if that is the whole setup, I'd say $200 is probably OK depending on the model of the Denon. I'd probably offer a little less. They look like Monitor 9s, but may be 7s. Unfortunately, the 9s are the weakest of the Monitor line from that era IMO, but they'll definitely give you sound.

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
Ok, I went and heard this setup and picked it up for $150.

Everything is really old and seems to be from 1990-1992 but at least everything works and sounded decent enough that it should be ok for the garage.

The cherry or rose finish on the speakers is still ok, grills are not broken and only 1 bridge plate missing from one of the speaker binding posts. (just jumpering it with wire for now)

The rest of the components are all Denon: AM/FM stereo receiver DR-325R, 5 disc CD changer DCM-320 and a dual cassette tape player DRW-750.

Guess I won't be doing any HDMI or Airplay with this stuff!

The receiver is only 40 wpc but with the back half of my garage having an apartment with a tenant in it I probably won't be playing it too loud anyways.

Will be looking for a Denon 1913 or 2113 or similar to put in there soon.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis