Denon E-Series Receivers Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Denon just released its E-Series receivers and they have foregone legacy (analogue) connections. Check out Tom Andry's take on it...

Discuss "Denon E-Series Receivers Preview" here. Read the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I was wondering when we would see a generation of receivers without any legacy connections. I do find it interesting that the HDMI prepro's from Outlaw and Emotiva made it out before them.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am kind of surprised to see spring type connectors on all of the models, but this clearly isn't part of the "flagship" lineup and they are targeted at keeping the cost down vs the features included. Interesting that they eliminated not only nearly all of the analog video, but almost all of the analog audio connections as well even on the highest of these models. I have no analog video at this point, but still use analog audio. Seems like a good fit for the way the average HT is going these days. Had they included preamp outputs for the top model also, it might even have made a decent pre/pro.

I was wondering when we would see a generation of receivers without any legacy connections. I do find it interesting that the HDMI prepro's from Outlaw and Emotiva made it out before them.
The Outlaw has analog video though, the Emotiva does not.

G

garypen

Audiophyte
Sorry

But, these look like junk. At those price points, one can find superior products from other brands.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
But, these look like junk. At those price points, one can find superior products from other brands.
Those are MSRP prices. They should street for less, meaning they should be favorably priced. Once you hit that top model though, I think a full featured AVR is probably a better choice. All manufacturers are likely to release something like this in their next lineups too would be my guess.

T

tkabes

Audiophyte
Great sound system

I purchased the Denon AVR-E300 and love it. Being able to plug it into your network is great. Two thumbs up for Denon.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis