Denon dvda1ud inconsistant

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Hey Guys, i recently purchased a dvd movie called "The Boy in the stripped Pajamas" brand new and when i go to play this movie in my denon player it gets stuck on the loading screen so i eject the disc. I put in another dvd and it reads the other dvd fine so i take the other dvd out and put the new one back in and the player then plays it.This is confusing as the player does not load/play the new dvd unless i have put in another dvd first. Blu-rays are fine. The drive is around 3 years old. My ps4 plays the disc no problems and i have watched the movie on the DVDA1UD but only after putting another dvd in first.On a cold start it wont load it.I was thinking it might need cleaning of the lens, if so any recommendations on what lens cleaner to use?I was reading the manual and it states in the manual that i should not use a cleaner with a brush but does not tell me what i can use.I tried to get to the laser to clean it with a cotton bud and lens cleaner but lost my nerve and screwed it back up as i did not know the correct procedure.:) I am now searching the web for a service manual for the said player.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis