Denon DVD-2930 and bass management distortions

A

allsop4now

Audioholic Intern
For those member of avsforum, I apologize for cross posting:

I have a Denon DVD-2930 universal DVD player (Euro version) that has distortions while playing with SACD with bass management enabled *)

I've talked with my dealer and they have the same problem with their demo player, including when upgrading to latest firmware.

The problem is that when bass management is enabled and you use the analogue out there is a high frequency distortion when playing some SACD. In the first track of Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon this problem is very clear when listening to the drum beat before any other instruments kicks in (and thus masking the distortion). When using "Source Direct" from the setup the distortion disappears.

There are other examples in my SACD collection, but none is as clear as the Pink Floyd SACD. Besides my older cheap player the Denon replaces does not have this problem.

Could anyone else please try this?

*) For two channel just enable "Bass Enhancer" in the menu and setup multi-channel analogue. No need for an actual subwoofer to hear the distortions. Besides, I use the analogue 5.1 outputs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis