Denon DVD 2900 Articles in Audioholics

S

stiletto pat

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>To Gene, Hawke, and the rest of the Audioholics staff:

I can recall reading quite a few posts on things that we (collectively speaking) Audioholics loved and hated about the DVD-2900, such as how to use Dolby Digital to create surround sound from a standard 2 channel CD, etc.....  I now finally have a 2900 on order, and was looking for help in locating many of those extremely informative posts.

Okay fellow brethren, any help finding appropriate articles, forum posts or general information from within this site or from outside on the proper set up and use of the Denon 2900 would be most appreciated. &nbsp;

Thanks,

Pat &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>Pat,

As I've mentioned earlier in another thread, I hate Denon manuals. The link provided in the audioholics review (see set up tips) in the review to www.usa.denon.com is a good start. There is plain English explanation of key features which are not translated from a Japanese original. After that simple trial and error will get you the rest of the way. I'd tell how mine is set up but my speaker configuration is different than most with the subs comoing through the amp out and not the LFE.

I've also noticed but not thoroughly checked out that the output through the digital out seems lower than the analog 5 channel out. The settings are the same on my pre/pro so that ain't it. If I want to compare the D/A conmverters in the Denon to my pre/pro the volume is off enough that I can't just switch back and forth which I would like. Curious but not a big deal. Have fun!</font>

Jaycan

Jaycan

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Hi Dan
I know this is a different thread, but would you mind posting your experience with the Vandys, esp the 2wqs. I have them on order (walnut/beige) but would appreciate your opinion. Great system, BTW. I am currently researching front projection.
Thanks.</font>

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>Jaycan, Thanks for the compliment. Goodman started a thread on vandy's so I gave a fairly detailed if long winded answer there. I assume you have found Hardesty's review of the 2Wq on www.audioperfectionist.com which is amongst his most well thought out writing. May I recommend Walter Booker Bookie's Cookbook on Mapleshade records if you like jazz as a great standup bass recording to evaluate your subs and work on the crossover adustments.</font>

S

stiletto pat

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Dan,

Also, off the thread, drop me an e-mail regarding your experiences with setting up your Ref 30 preamp. &nbsp;I'm getting ready for that daunting task with the AVR-507, as well as with the remote - comes with a book and PC Software program to program the remote.... &nbsp;Plus, just like to talk to you in general about your system and music...

patfrye@tampabay.rr.com

Thanks,

Pat</font>

Catman

Catman

Audiophyte
Denon 2900

You might also want to check the AVS Forum at www.avsforum.com. You will find several articles on the 2900 there is also a firmware upgrade available for the 2900 and 5900 that you can get. My 2900 was purchased at the beginning of this month and the unit was manufactured in February but my firmware was still out of date.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis