rgriffin25

rgriffin25

I read the preview article and I did not see if the DVD-1910 is a universal SACD / DVD-A player. Does anyone know if it will have these capabilities? I would also like to know if there is a set release date. I have done a google search with out any luck.
Thanks in advance for your response! :)

The DVD-1910 also features High Definition Compatible Digital (HDCD) processing to provide the best sound quality from HDCD-encoded and standard CDs, as well as WMA (Windows Media Audio) playback capability. And like all Denon universal DVD players, it also includes convenience functions such as Kodak and Fuji Picture CD compatibility and a JPEG photo file viewer.
Looks like a universal player to me. Look for them to be released after CEDIA.

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Thanks for the response! I thought that was what you meant, I just wanted to make sure.

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

No SACD or DVD-A

I was just browsing the Denon website and they recently posted the specs and photos of the 1910. It is not a universal DVD-A, SACD player. :(

U

Unregistered

from all reports 1910 will retail at $499 and be released Late november and the 2910 at $1299 in october. This is from the distributors so I hope they are right.

U

Unregistered

Where did you get your info? From Denons website: The 1910 SRP is $269, the 2910 is not documented yet, and the 3910 SRP is $1299.

The 1910 will be selling at $250 +/-.

L

LEVESQUE

Junior Audioholic
The 1910 is already out since 1 week. I know it, because I have mine since last wednesday! :D

T

TonyWright

Audiophyte
LEVESQUE,

What are your impressions of the 1910? I am considering one and I would like to know what you think. If anyone else out there has one of these I would very much like to hear about it.

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

Panny Plasma problem

Do not get the Denon 1910 if you have a Panasonic Plasma. They will not synch due to a HDCP problem. Check out AVS Forum for more.

U

Unregistered

Are there any ideas on wheter these types of problems would affect a Sony KP-51WS500 rear projection monitor?

Thanks

U

Unregistered

hey

i bought the denon 1910 dvd player about three days ago and personally havent had any problems with it. Currently its playing on a 65" HDTV mitsubishi WS58...somethin i forgot...lol. Anyways, i was running dvds on an xbox previously and apparently all the sales people thought i was going to notice a big difference in quality. Well audio wise yes...the sound was incredible coming from the 1910 compared to my xbox. But i have to disagree with the audio. I was watching mummy and found several issues with "pixellation" or something like that because the colors didnt come out right when it was showing the sand dunes. This i have never experience with the xbox surprisingly. Im thinking that although the audio is superb, the video is kinda a downgrade from what i previously had. I think i need to buy a better unit such as the 3910 or the soon coming 2910. I think that purchasing a low end dvd player with larger tvs is like buying an amazing reciever and really really cheap speakers. I suggest saving your money and buying something that has better video quality. Oh and i tested VCDS and SVCDS even though the manual said you risk damaging the unit. it did none of the sort. and the video cds played perfectly.

hope that helps.

U

Unregistered

Unregistered said:
Well audio wise yes...the sound was incredible coming from the 1910 compared to my xbox. But i have to disagree with the audio.
correction: i meant to say video instead of audio.

B

Blizaine

I would guess that this player (1910) would be more ideal for folks with digital sets, like LCD/DLP/Plasma rather than an analog set like your mits....

Mainly because from the time the MPEG2 comes off the disc to the time it is displayed, it never goes through a D-to-A or A-to-D conversion (via DVI).

U

Unregistered

1910 and Panasonic Plasma

Unregistered said:
Do not get the Denon 1910 if you have a Panasonic Plasma. They will not synch due to a HDCP problem. Check out AVS Forum for more.
Can you be more specific? I just ordered DVD-755S (its the silver version of 1910) and I have a 42in HD Panasonic. I was going to connect them via the DVI.

What issues are you experiencing?

U

Unregistered

Panasonic - Denon 1910 issue

Unregistered said:
You were right and my new 1910 does not work via DVI.

Have you contacted Denon about this?

U

Unregistered

bob8

Is the problem because your Panasonic DVI input is not HDCP compiant? I notice that the terminal board for the TH-50PHD6UY is compliant.

U

Unregistered

I recently purchased a panasonic 42" EDTV plasma and the 1910. I get lots of pixelation in the darks with the DVD player, however I switch it to 1080i and the problem goes away. what is this problem with the 1910 that everyone keeps talking about?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis