Denon AVR-590 Audio Problems

G

ghines

Audiophyte
Hi all,

This is my first post and I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue.

PVR connected to Receiver via HDMI, Receiver connected to TV also via HDMI and has been working like a dream for years. I'm using discrete speakers attached to the Receiver and not the TV speakers. The Receiver is setup to do all the decoding as the PVR is setup to "passthrough" the sound. Nothing has been touched or moved in many months so there is little chance that something has moved. Also I have not changed any settings on either the PVR nor the Receiver.

This is a very intermittent problem and I'm thinking it's a Receiver issue, but please give me your thoughts if you think I'm wrong. By intermittent I mean it might be fine for a week or so but other times may play up 2 days in a row.

What happens is the sound becomes muffled and low to a point that you cannot understand what is being said. The video is perfect and not effected. The same recordings played from the PVR can be perfect one time and bad the next.

What I have noticed is the problem can sometimes be fixed by turning the volume of the Receiver UP and then DOWN to the normal level it was. Not always but most of the times.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

TIA

Greg

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
Is the PVR the only device connected to the avr? Have you tried a different HDMI input? Have you tried a different audio output from the PVR ie analog or optical?

G

ghines

Audiophyte
Is the PVR the only device connected to the avr?
No there is a Blu-Ray, that I do not use much. Given the frequency of the problem it's going to be hard to use it to help track down the problem.

Have you tried a different HDMI input?
No not yet. I will try that.

Have you tried a different audio output from the PVR ie analog or optical?
No not yet. I will also try that.

Thanks,

Greg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis