denon avr-5803 tone controls on or off???

D

dtsfreak

Enthusiast
Hello guys,i have a question,should i use the tone controls on my denon avr-5803 when listening to dts/dolby surr mode(movies) ???. :confused: anybody using tone controls on the avr-5803? ...thanks...........joe ;)

H

happy540i

Junior Audioholic
the default is 0 db. if your not happy with it you can change it. i set mine at default.

D

dtsfreak

Enthusiast
thanks....so that means that you do use the tone controls,you set them at o(default) instead of using the tone defeat on..........joe. :rolleyes:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
dtsfreak said:
thanks....so that means that you do use the tone controls,you set them at o(default) instead of using the tone defeat on..........joe. :rolleyes:

You may want to experiment how you like the sound with the tone controls in or out. It should depend on preference and speakers performance in your room. It may need some tone control use, or not :)

D

dtsfreak

Enthusiast
thanks for the great input guys.....later...... :) joe.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
dtsfreak said:
thanks for the great input guys.....later...... :) joe.

What I really wanted to get across is not to be scared away from the use of tone controls as if they were some evil gadgets. On the contrary, it has a purpose. Limited but non the less, it has a use. Audiophiles don't even want to think about it or look for components without it. Their loss.

D

dtsfreak

Enthusiast
thanks again.....just wanted to make sure i'm not the only out there that use the tone controls on the 5803......later joe :rolleyes:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis