Denon AVR 1713 vs 2113 CI Technical Differences

L

lakshmant

Enthusiast
Hello,

Please help on the technical differences in these two models which are so close to each other in the denon line. Need some information on the specific types of DAC and DSP chips in these models if there is any info and do they use all discrete stages as i have to drive 4 ohms speakers in a small 14 feet by 8 feet room.

Thanks for your help..

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Can you tell us more about those 4 ohm speakers? Just knowing they are 4 ohm is not enough info to say if the 1713 or 2113 are adequate.

L

lakshmant

Enthusiast
. Thanks for the replies. I am using the MK K7 models which i heard are tough to drive and have a nominal impedance of 4 ohms

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
. Thanks for the replies. I am using the MK K7 models which i heard are tough to drive and have a nominal impedance of 4 ohms
I cannot find any lab measurements for the 1713 but here's one for the 1612.

Denon AVR-1612 A/V Receiver HT Labs Measures | Home Theater

In a smaller room it should be able to handle those M&K satellite speakers. It seems that there are no shortage of low impedance satellite speakers and while there are typically not enough information to tell how difficult they are to drive, one can also safely assume they can't handle too much power anyway. The K7 apparently can handle 150W maximum but that does not mean you need a 150W amp to make them sound good. The 1713 will likely be able to output close to 150W X2 into 4 ohms at <1% THD, especially when a sub is available to take care of the low frequencies below 80 Hz.

L

lakshmant

Enthusiast
thanks for the help. I had read somewhere that the denon 2113 use dual dacs for all channels and higher quality chips compared to the 1713, could someone please give some info on this.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis