Denon AH-D1000 headphones

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Hi guys: it's been a while since I last posted an opinion here. Today I bought the Denon AH-D1000 headphones (USD 149.99 at Fry's). I'm trying to replace the Bose Triport I have had for the last 4 years, so as soon as I got home I started to compare them using some CD I'm pretty familiar with, but to be honest with you I couldn't tell the difference. I thought it'd be like a night and day difference but they were similar as far as sound quality. The Bose has served me well over the years but the quality of its material is not that good, the material of the ear pads is coming apart, and the arm that holds each "driver" broke at the point where it slides on the band that goes over the head, however I don't have to say anything bad about its sound. The Denon....well....sounds like the Bose. I can't comment on its built quality because I have not had them long enough, but they pretty much weight the same as the Triport, the padding on the band over the head is a lot better than the Triport. Anybody has had some experience with the Denon???. I'm ready to send them back, any suggestions on USD 150.00 headphones???? Cheers

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
The first thing on your list should be to head over to http://www.headphone.com/ and visit the headfi forums http://www.head-fi.com

In your pricerange I have owned both the Grado SR125's and Sennheiser HD280 pro and both of them are very good headphones. My overall favorite between the two would have to be the sennheisers because of their comfort and noise rejection. Both or which are popular headphones in their respective price range. You could also probably step into a pair of Sennheiser HD580's or possibly HD600 for your budget or close to it if you shop around.

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
What exactly are you looking for? Do you like the sound the tri-ports have, or are you going for an improvement? Do you want open-dynamic style headphones, or closed, in-ear etc etc.

SheepStar

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
For the same money I would have went with the Senn HD555's.

www.headphone.com

As far As I know Denon is not known to be in the headphone game like other companies.

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
What exactly are you looking for? Do you like the sound the tri-ports have, or are you going for an improvement? Do you want open-dynamic style headphones, or closed, in-ear etc etc.

SheepStar
I do like the sound of the Triport, but the cheap quality of its material is something I could definitely do without, if Bose could make some improvements in that area I'd consider them as an option again. The Senn HD555 Manzersteven suggested looks nice so I might lean towards that model.
I did something weird: I bought the Denon's and before opening the box, I searched around on the net for some reviews of this particular model , including www.headphone.com but I found none, so I had to try them myself but I wasn't convinced so I'll look elsewhere. Thanks anyway for your replies.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis