Denon 3910 firmware upgrade & hack

W

Weevy

Enthusiast
Does anybody know if firmware upgrades are available for this player and if yes:

1 - what improvements does this offer?

2 - how do you go about upgrading the firmware to the player?

Also, sorry if I'm being thick but is there a way to make the plyer multiregion via a remote hack?

Cheers

R

Rik

Audioholic
Wait, don't use that link I just realized your in England. That link is for U.S. players only.

A

arftech

Junior Audioholic
Weevy said:
Does anybody know if firmware upgrades are available for this player and if yes:

1 - what improvements does this offer?

2 - how do you go about upgrading the firmware to the player?

Also, sorry if I'm being thick but is there a way to make the plyer multiregion via a remote hack?

Cheers
Greetings,

The upgrade will do the following:

1. Programmed CD playback of discs with at least 10 tracks.
2. Playback on “Raging Bull” disc.
3. Playback on “River Dance” disc PAL version.
4. HDMI improvement for displays with 258+ EDID memory.
5. Improvement when connecting HDMI to a TV or projector.
6. IEEE-1394 improvement.
7. Adds Denon Link III.

Let me point out that I did the upgrade last Saturday and basically three CD-R disc were created for the upgrade. You load the 3 discs into your 3910 but make sure you follow the instructions or it will not work.

Personally, it would be cool if where you bought your 3910 from had the discs and all you would have to do is either bring your player in or borrow the discs and do it yourself!

Happy viewing and listening!

Al

W

Weevy

Enthusiast
Many thanks. How do I get hold of these CDR's with the firmware on them? Can I buy them or download them off the web?

R

Rik

Audioholic
Weevy said:
Many thanks. How do I get hold of these CDR's with the firmware on them? Can I buy them or download them off the web?
Download them from the Denon web site.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis