Denon 3313ci or Marantz receiver?

D

danvillekitty

Audiophyte
I just purchased the denon 3313ci and Def tech mythos sts speakers with gems and the mythos nine center. I have a ps3 for games and blu ray and the panasonic 65vt50 tv. It's all brand new and i don't want to make a mistake with my system. I think the tv and speakers are fine but I am not sure about the denon. Is it all that I need or should i go with marantz or pioneer? The towers have powered subs but we'll have an extra sub to hook up as well. I'm trying to do a little research but it's greek to me! Help, please.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
I just purchased the denon 3313ci and Def tech mythos sts speakers with gems and the mythos nine center. I have a ps3 for games and blu ray and the panasonic 65vt50 tv. It's all brand new and i don't want to make a mistake with my system. I think the tv and speakers are fine but I am not sure about the denon. Is it all that I need or should i go with marantz or pioneer? The towers have powered subs but we'll have an extra sub to hook up as well. I'm trying to do a little research but it's greek to me! Help, please.
My basic understanding is that a lot of Marantz receivers are just more upscale versions of denons with all the same hardware underneath. I had a 3312 ci and had no issues at all with it. Great receiver. Only upgraded to get xt 32. If you're looking at possibly having 2 subs in the future I'd highly recommend getting an xt 32 capable receiver with sub eq.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis