Denon 2910 Firmware - Help!

H

hv1

Audiophyte
can someone help? I have a Denon 2910 and decided to do a firmware update - I downloaded from web site denon2910.freehomepage onto a CD firmware update ESS 6720-8 and followed the instructions detailed on the site - after the Cd was loaded "writing" came up the front panel, I then switched off and then back on again and then pressed play, forward skip and open/close at the same time for 3 seconds, the instructions says that "initialized" should appear! but in my case nothing and when I now switch on no functions operate on the DVD player or remote, the front panel constantly says "loading" - can anyone assist?

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I would call Denon tech support, they are the ones who are best suited to assist you.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Does not sound good. It did not update correctly and as such, it will not function until it is reflashed.

H

hv1

Audiophyte
Does not sound good. It did not update correctly and as such, it will not function until it is reflashed.
hi j garcia,

the machine worked perfectly till I tried to update, any idea on how to resolve it? I hear the UK technical support is not too helpful and the machine is obviously out of warranty

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
can someone help? I have a Denon 2910 and decided to do a firmware update - I downloaded from web site denon2910.freehomepage onto a CD firmware update ESS 6720-8 and followed the instructions detailed on the site - after the Cd was loaded "writing" came up the front panel, I then switched off and then back on again and then pressed play, forward skip and open/close at the same time for 3 seconds, the instructions says that "initialized" should appear! but in my case nothing and when I now switch on no functions operate on the DVD player or remote, the front panel constantly says "loading" - can anyone assist?
That player will need to go to an authorized service department to reflash the BIOS unless it has a an Ethernet port.

Moral of the story here is do not fix what isn't broken.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've done numerous updates to my various players and never had an issue, but you DO have to follow the instructions to the letter as it says right in the instructions that if you don't do it right, the player will not work.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I've done numerous updates to my various players and never had an issue, but you DO have to follow the instructions to the letter as it says right in the instructions that if you don't do it right, the player will not work.
I don't see the point of risking an upgrade if the player is doing what it wants. I so far have had no issues, so have not upgraded. If I get a BD disc that does not play, it will likely go in the bin and I will avoid Hollywood productions of which most are a disappointment anyway.

I have been to your site, and I see it is not a Denon site but a hack site for making the player region free. These sorts of sites are very dangerous. I doubt DENON will show you much sympathy. This sounds like an expensive mistake. If the player is still in warranty then you have voided it.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis