Denon 2309 setuo problems

G

gxrphil

Enthusiast
I just tried to hook up my new Denon AVR-2309CI receiver everything seems to be working fine except it will not send Audio/Video via HDMI to my TV (Toshiba 34-HF84) Input is making it to my receiver as the sound is coming through fine out of my speakers. The only thing I can figure after going through themanual and trying to change settings on my receiver is that my TV may not be HDCP Compatible although I thought I would still get audio to the TV if this is the case.

Any input greatly appreciated

G

gxrphil

Enthusiast
Update

Ok I switched over to compnent outputs to the TV now I can see the onscreen dispay, but still no Video.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi. I believe that the Denon 2309 can either process the audio over HDMI (i.e. play it through the speakers connected to the receiver) or pass it out through the HDMI output (so that you can listen from your TV), but it can't do both at the same time. Your owner's manual should give instructions on how to switch between processing the audio and passing it through.

You may also need to set the audio input and video input independently for whatever source input you are using. As an example, if you are trying to watch and listen to a DVD player using the "DVD" selection on the receiver, you may need to set up the HDMI input to which you connected the DVD player as the audio input for "DVD", and then set up that same HDMI input as the video input for "DVD".

In addition, make sure that you select the correct HDMI video input on your TV when you choose which video input to display.

Just let us know if that doesn't solve your problem, and I'll look through your manual and help you out.

G

gxrphil

Enthusiast
Ok I tried the Inputs again and both Video and Audio are assigned correctly. As far as the audio output goes I have switched between TV and Amp several times does not matter sounds only goes to my speakers (even goes there when TV is selected). So I thoght it might just be issues with Sat Box (Direct TV HR-21) So I tried my Blu-Ray still no Video and it will not lock on Audio keeps turning on and off trying to lock on signal.

G

gxrphil

Enthusiast
Problem solved It turns out it is my TV will not communicate with Receiver. I took down my bedroom tv Toshiba LCD 32AV530 and connected it to the receiver and all issues corrected themselves. So my wife gives me a stupid look and states I am going to tell her now I have to go buy a new TV.:D

Man I like getting new electronics

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis