Delay in my system? please help

KlipschFTW

KlipschFTW

Audioholic Intern
Hello all! i have recently came into commercial hardware (local theater chain went out of business) I am wanting to use it with what I have currently in my home audio set up, once I got everything hooked up and going I noticed there was a delay of about 1-2 seconds, im thinking it is because my home audio is running digital and the other is going through analog.... so my home audio is a reciever two bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer all working great! what i got from the theater was 2 15 cabinets with horns mounted on top and an amp. after getting everything in place I figured out i wouldnt be able to run straight to my receiver, so in turn i bought a splitter and equalizer. i use the equalizer to control the sound from everything but once it was all done there is a terrible delay, has anyone ran into this problem? i know im being vague on key things i just cant remember names right now. im just trying to get it on paper and out my head because i cant figure this out.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Is the delay on the audio or on the video?

Many receivers will have a "sound delay" feature that you can set, typically in mS intervals. The typical reason for this would be that the audio arrives quicker than the video, due to video processing.

So, you set up a delay to re-synch the audio and voices with the actions on screen.

KlipschFTW

KlipschFTW

Audioholic Intern
its audio, between my commercial equipment and my home audio sorry i wasn't being clear.

KlipschFTW

KlipschFTW

Audioholic Intern
It's enough to cause an echo between the two? idk how to post videos or pictures im still a newbie but I need the help!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
What AVR are you using? Do you have the manual for it?

How exactly do you have the commercial equipment integrated into the domestic equipment? You are not clear on that.

You will almost certainly get the help that you need here, but you have not posted nearly enough info for anyone to really even begin to point you in the right direction here.

Can you post the exact make and model of the gear, and exactly what goes to each input and output?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure what you mean by straight to (from) the receiver for speakers, but likely the additional eq/processing and the way you split the signal are at fault. You need to post make/model of all gear and how connected exactly....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It's enough to cause an echo between the two? idk how to post videos or pictures im still a newbie but I need the help!
If you have pictures on your pc, click on the "Upload a File" button between Post Reply and More Options.

You may really need he help, but you're gonna have to do a little work on your end. These guys need all the details.

KlipschFTW

KlipschFTW

Audioholic Intern
Alright I have taken pictures and a video of what is going on, my receiver is a denon avr s510bt, klipsch reference premiere series bookshelfs and sub. Both of which are ran straight to my denon receiver. I'm not sure what I have commercial wise I know it's jbl professional series 15's and horns and a Qsc amp, hdmi splitter with Dbx eq. My Dbx controls the commercial and the denon controls bookshelf and sub.

So here's how everything is hooked up coming from my Xbox one the hdmi is ran into the hdmi splitter from there it's splits the signal one to my receiver (hdmi) one to my tv (hdmi) and one to my Dbx via speaker inputs, from my Dbx I have ran xlr cables to my qsc amp which has my jbls hooked up via speaker cable. I hope this helps I'm gonna include pictures shortly.

KlipschFTW

KlipschFTW

Audioholic Intern
If you have pictures on your pc, click on the "Upload a File" button between Post Reply and More Options.

You may really need he help, but you're gonna have to do a little work on your end. These guys need all the details.
It's saying my files are too large

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's saying my files are too large
Pictures aren't all that helpful as would be specific models of gear (like what dbx unit) but I think your problem is that you're not using the avr to control all the audio (particularly the delays involved), the hdmi splitter isn't the way to add speakers and amps (but your avr lacks pre-outs to do it properly). You essentially have two different audio systems slightly out of sync it seems....

KlipschFTW

KlipschFTW

Audioholic Intern
Pictures aren't all that helpful as would be specific models of gear (like what dbx unit) but I think your problem is that you're not using the avr to control all the audio (particularly the delays involved), the hdmi splitter isn't the way to add speakers and amps (but your avr lacks pre-outs to do it properly). You essentially have two different audio systems slightly out of sync it seems....
right I cant hook my amp to my receiver as it uses xlr cables/ pre out, also it is two different systems as I have to turn up volume on both receiver and dbx. is there a receiver that I could look into or a work around this? to be honest the theater equipment is unbelievable and could run you out of the room I'm just going for over kill and I paid out the butt for the sub and bookselfs.

KlipschFTW

KlipschFTW

Audioholic Intern
Cool amp and speaker score, tho!
thanks buddy, it really is the loudest thing i've ever heard home audio wise and I have way more I just cant fit them in my man cave, I have two of the surrounds that are on the walls of the theater that I'm hanging with another amp, but my bass cabinets just wont fit.

KlipschFTW

KlipschFTW

Audioholic Intern
Yeah, those look pretty awesome. Not all beat up either. I'm assuming op is single or WAF just isn't an issue...
I'm not sure what WAF means but I'm married with 3 kids lol this is my man cave!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm not sure what WAF means but I'm married with 3 kids lol this is my man cave!
Wife Acceptance Factor. My wife lets me get away with a lot in our living room, but I keep things clean, neat and tidy. What I don't have is a mancave. That's pretty awesome. I'd love that.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis