Definitive Trinity Wanted

M

murl

Full Audioholic
I am interested in adding a definitive trinity to my current system. Seems that there aren't many used ones around these days and that shipping would be miserable if it wasn't a local pick up. Anyone have any suggestions or know anyone?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
At first I thought you meant to add another of these subs to your system but don't see that in your gear listing. Why this particular sub?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The Trinity is going to be very difficult to find for sale used in your locale, probably impossible. If you need something that can get loud with a small footprint, I might suggest the SVS PC13-Ultra or PC12-Plus.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I sold my SC Trinity a long time ago. Pain the butts to ship for sure.

M

murl

Full Audioholic
No it is not in my system but I have always wanted one. Currently I have BP 2000YL, CLR 3000, and BP10bs for surrounds. I have been reading about the SVS and HSU subs. Seems like they are both great.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Are you thinking there's an advantage in matching brands to your speakers? There isn't....with DefTec is normally a disadvantage (their subs aren't something I'd ever consider).

M

murl

Full Audioholic
So it would probably be advantageous to get something else.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
So it would probably be advantageous to get something else.
Yes. Subwoofers can not 'match' the main speakers in sound signature, unless something has gone badly wrong. A good subwoofer will be a great match with any good speaker, no matter the brand. The Trinity was a good sub for its time, but you can do a lot better now, not only for the same price, but for the same weight and also efficiency.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Check out the offerings from SVS, Power Sound Audio, Rythmik, Hsu....or maybe even build/assemble your own.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
What did you replace the trinity with? Do you still have the 7000SCs?
I knew I had to sell my Trinity Sub when I was auditioning the RBH T-2 speakers, which consists of the T1 monitor atop the T-1010 sub.

I sold all my DefTechs around the same time period. Then I went nuts with buying speakers (Revel Salon2, B&W 802D2, Linwitz Orion 3.2.1, KEF Reference 201/2, Philharmonic 3, etc.).

Now I have RBH speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis