The sound guy

Audioholic Intern
Definitive Technology V.S. Klipsch

My system consists of the following Definitive Technology speakers:

C/L/R 2500 center channel
BP-30 left & right mains
BP2X rear surounds
(Velodyne DD10 sub)

I was thinking of selling the C/L/R 2500 center and the pair of BP-30 speakers, replaceing them with the following Klipsch speakers which I'm led to believe is much better for movie dialogue due to the horn tweeters:

Klipsch RC-62 center channel
Klipsch RB-61 (or RB-81) as the left & right mains

I will probably keep the BP2X surrounds and definitely keep the Velodyne.

With all your vast listening experiences combined, what does everyone feel about the potential swap from Definitive Technology to Klipsch???

Thanks in advance for anyone's advise,
Bob

Last edited:
R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I was thinking of selling the C/L/R 2500 center and the pair of BP-30 speakers, replaceing them with the following Klepsch speakers which I'm led to believe is much better for movie dialogue due to the horn tweeters:
Don't concern yourself so much with what's better for movie dialogue. Both DefTech and Klipsch make fine speakers. Listen to both speakers and go with what you prefer. Trust your ears.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
...what does everyone feel about the potential swap from Definitive Technology to Klipsch???
Most stores that carry Def Techs also carry Klipsch. So why not just listen and compare.

Personally, there is no way I would ever trade a BP30 for a Klipsch!

Your Def Tech system is great. Just keep it.:D

Polygon

Polygon

Audioholic
Most stores that carry Def Techs also carry Klipsch. So why not just listen and compare.

You're not biased or anything, judging by your sig. ;)

All kidding aside. I've heard both brands. I can say that Klipsch is at the top end of consumer grade speakers. They're good IMO. However, I've yet to hear a Klipsch that sounded better than anything I've heard from Definitive.

Audition both yourself. I'm sure you'll stick with that what you've got. :)

D

deedubb

Full Audioholic
I can't comment on the Klipsch, but my CLR3000 is one of the best center channels I've ever heard. I don't know how much better it is than the 2500, but maybe give it a listen before you jump ship.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I can't comment on the Klipsch, but my CLR3000 is one of the best center channels I've ever heard. I don't know how much better it is than the 2500, but maybe give it a listen before you jump ship.
I would say the CLR3000 is a little better, but not significantly better than the CLR2500. Interestingly enough, they both have the same F.R. (28Hz-20kHz +/-3dB), not that anybody cares that much for F.R.:D

The grass is always just a little greener on the other side.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You're not biased or anything, judging by your sig. ;)

All kidding aside. I've heard both brands. I can say that Klipsch is at the top end of consumer grade speakers. They're good IMO. However, I've yet to hear a Klipsch that sounded better than anything I've heard from Definitive.

Audition both yourself. I'm sure you'll stick with that what you've got. :)
What?
Biased?
I knew I should have just called myself GUY, instead of acudeftechGUY!:D

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I love Def Tech and hate Klipsch (because I find them excessively bright and harsh.) Just my $0.02.:)

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I like both brands very much, but if you decide to sell the CLR 2005 please PM me as I may be interested in it.

L

laslabjohn73

Audiophyte
comparison

i have heard both and the def tech is better all the way around. but all ears are different.

David Gaudreau

David Gaudreau

Full Audioholic

I was just looking at your Sig, Are you using the 2 BP7001SC's as your rear surrounds in a 5.1 setup??

Last edited by a moderator:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I was just looking at your Sig, Are you using the 2 BP7001SC's as your rear surrounds in a 5.1 setup??
Why yes I am.:D

Fronts: BP7000SCs
Center: CLR3000
Surrounds: BP7001SCs
Subwoofer: Trinity

I need to post some new pics of my speakers with Braided speaker cables coming out of them!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
itschris

itschris

Why yes I am.:D

Fronts: BP7000SCs
Center: CLR3000
Surrounds: BP7001SCs
Subwoofer: Trinity

I need to post some new pics of my speakers with Braided speaker cables coming out of them!:D
I'd like to see those cables. Please post a pic or two and some info on them. I think I'm going to ultimately going to use 10 guage in-wall from the components (which will be in a custom rack off to the side in a cutoff by the fireplace) to speakers, but I think I want to use wall plates, then have some better looking wire connect to all the speakers.

T

The sound guy

Audioholic Intern
I'm using a pair of Def Tech BP2X speakers for my rear surrounds.

Bob

T

The sound guy

Audioholic Intern
I've recently read older posts from other sites where people have stated that an (older) C/L/R 2000 sounds better with my BP30s than having me update from a C/L/R 2500 to a C/L/R 3000. That move would result in both drivers being the same size.

Any thoughts on this idea?

Thanks

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I've recently read older posts from other sites where people have stated that an (older) C/L/R 2000 sounds better with my BP30s than having me update from a C/L/R 2500 to a C/L/R 3000. That move would result in both drivers being the same size.

Any thoughts on this idea?

Thanks
The CLR3000 has two 6.5" midrange/upper bass drivers + one 1" tweeter + one 10" powered 150-watts subwoofer = Tri-amp capable (mine is tri-amped:D).

The CLR2000 also has two 6.5" midrange/upper bass drivers.

If you have the budget, of course, get the CLR3000. If not, I think the CLR2000 would be great.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis