Definitive Technology Trinity Subwoofer

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just wanted to say that this subwoofer is FANSTASTIC. Earthquakes come to mind. I did a SPL sound level match the other night. When it got to the LFE section, man, it was so INTENSE and FUN!

My wife ran to my HT room and said, "You scared the heck out of me! What was that?"

It can definitely dramatically improve the bass, but it still cannot do magic and create bass where there are none.

In outstanding soundtrack movies like Ratatouille, Day After Tomorrow, Hellboy, & Die Hard 4, the bass output from the Trinity was PHENOMINAL.

Although it significantly improved the bass in Transformers HD DVD, the overall soundtrack of this movie (bass, dialogue, etc.) still falls short of the above mentioned movies and many other BD movies.

Even with all the great components we all own presently and will own in the near future, it is still the actual software that determines how great a movie looks & sounds in our multi-thousand dollar systems.:D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Kind of funny coming from a guy who use to always preach about not needing a sub because his towers have them built in!

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Kind of funny coming from a guy who use to always preach about not needing a sub because his towers have them built in!
:D

Forgive and forget, Greg.

AcuDefTechGuy, Congrats. I wish I could hear it for myself. I'm sure it is quite the sub.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You just had to go there, didn't you?:D

The key word is "NEED".

Do I NEED it? NO.
Do I WANT it? YES.

Let's put it this way. The TWO 14" SuperCube Reference Subwoofer Drivers (1800-watts EACH) in my BP7000SCs can produce very intense low bass, even when the gain controls are set to only 40% (10 o'clock position). If I were to crank those baby to 60 or 70% gain, it would be pretty extreme!

Now the Trinity has TWO more 14" Subwoofer Drivers + 2000-watts.

So we're talking about a total of FOUR 14-inch Drivers + EIGHT 14-inch Radiators + 5,600-Watts RMS of Power!

So, of course, I'm getting more THUNDERING bass.

Now do I NEED it?
Of course not.

Do I like it?
Absolutely YES.:D

Another thing is Room size.
I'm actually buying the Trinity in anticipation of buiding a new house in a few years. My current HT room is only 3,000 cubic feet. My planned HT room will be 25'x30'x12' = 9,000 cubic feet.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Awesome bro..... nothin like a wicked sub to dramatically improve your HT experience... Oh and BTW where are the pics....

Glad to hear that you scared the CR@P out of your wife !!!!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nobody really needs a big bad sub. That isn't the point though...as you have found :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I hate to admit this, but...

...the Trinity Sub has made my Home Theater experience a lot better!

Okay, okay, as Greg as pointed out, up until now I have been saying that the BP7000SCs are capable of producing more than enough LFE Bass. After rewatching Transformers HD DVD & Stargate BD with my Trinity Sub, I will confess that although the BP7000SCs produce more than enough bass for music, they do not satisfy my extreme thirst of bass effects for movies--unless I crank the gains control up to perhaps 70%, which would be overwhelming for my music listening. Thus, I have decided to just use the Trinity Sub exclusively for Movies. For music, just a pair of BP7000SCs set to 40% gains control is perfect for music listening.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis