Definitive Technology Mythos ones

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Pair of Def Tech Mythos ones in perfect working condition. A few scratches here and there and a very small hole in the top of one of the speaker grills. PM me and I can send you pics. Looking for 100 bucks each, 200 for the pair plus shipping. If close by in NJ I will gladly meet you somewhere public like Wawa or something like that.

N

nupshah

Audiophyte
Hi I am interested for $100 for both. I am in SJ and can meet up if you are close by.

let me know.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I'm in the Monmouth county area.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pair of Def Tech Mythos ones in perfect working condition. A few scratches here and there and a very small hole in the top of one of the speaker grills. PM me and I can send you pics. Looking for 100 bucks each, 200 for the pair plus shipping. If close by in NJ I will gladly meet you somewhere public like Wawa or something like that.
I didn't know you had the Mythos speakers too. How did you like them? They seem to be more about form factor than sq.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I didn't know you had the Mythos speakers too. How did you like them? They seem to be more about form factor than sq.
Yeah exactly right. They sound good but your paying for the looks and the small footprint. When I bought them I wanted a traditional forward firing Def Tech speaker that took up less room than the BP speakers. They are quite expensive if I remember correctly.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah exactly right. They sound good but your paying for the looks and the small footprint. When I bought them I wanted a traditional forward firing Def Tech speaker that took up less room than the BP speakers. They are quite expensive if I remember correctly.

Yeah, they ain't cheap. I'll bet they sound good, but for the price of a new one you're paying a lot for a smaller form factor. $100 is well under the retail. They do look really nice.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, they ain't cheap. I'll bet they sound good, but for the price of a new one you're paying a lot for a smaller form factor. $100 is well under the retail. They do look really nice.
No, not cheap at all. They look nice and sound great actually. I was on a tear where I was in my early 20s buying a lot of very expensive speakers. The most expensive was the BP7002 that was a total beast. I forget how much but it was very expensive. I was young and making great money so I splurged on speakers and audio equipment like the Parasound amp I have now still. Fast forward 20 years and wife and kid, and mortgage I look for speakers that sound great for less than an arm and a leg. How times change....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No, not cheap at all. They look nice and sound great actually. I was on a tear where I was in my early 20s buying a lot of very expensive speakers. The most expensive was the BP7002 that was a total beast. I forget how much but it was very expensive. I was young and making great money so I splurged on speakers and audio equipment like the Parasound amp I have now still. Fast forward 20 years and wife and kid, and mortgage I look for speakers that sound great for less than an arm and a leg. How times change....

Ha ha! No doubt! I went through that phase in my early 20's also, but with car audio. I wasted so much money. Sigh.

I still have an expensive hobby. I know what to look for now and I'm trying to get to where I don't want to upgrade any more. I think I'm about there. How'd you like the BP 7002? I looked at a lot of Deftech's bipole speakers, especially the BP line a couple years ago. They look nice and I'll bet they sound pretty nice too. .

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Ha ha! No doubt! I went through that phase in my early 20's also, but with car audio. I wasted so much money. Sigh.

I still have an expensive hobby. I know what to look for now and I'm trying to get to where I don't want to upgrade any more. I think I'm about there. How'd you like the BP 7002? I looked at a lot of Deftech's bipole speakers, especially the BP line a couple years ago. They look nice and I'll bet they sound pretty nice too. .
Well I consider myself a Def Tech expert so here is my take on the BP series from Definitive Technology. They are absolutely incredible, they throw a way of sound the size of the great Wall in China but they are soooooo placement and room sensitive. You have to have a wall behind them or the entire bipolar experience is lost. You really, really need to fiddle with them and obsess over placement. But once you get them right, and you have the right room you will have a ridiculous sound. They are better for movies or home theater because of the nature of how they throw the sound at you also. For music they muddy up things a bit. I vowed a while back or swore off bipolar speakers and speakers with built in subs. Again you have to fiddle with them to get them to blend into the system. I don't have the patience for it anymore. I deliberately when to forward firing Def Techs quite a few years back. Then about 2 years ago I had it in my head to go to really great bookshelf speakers and add a great sub so that's where I am now as you know. SM 65 mains/center and SM55 surrounds. I wanted to try the same exact speaker for LCR and that paid off. Love it! I don't think I'll ever have a traditional center again. In fact my theory has changed in this hobby to the best systems have the same exact speaker for all channels. I nearly achieved that, same speaker in this particularly line.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well I consider myself a Def Tech expert so here is my take on the BP series from Definitive Technology. They are absolutely incredible, they throw a way of sound the size of the great Wall in China but they are soooooo placement and room sensitive. You have to have a wall behind them or the entire bipolar experience is lost. You really, really need to fiddle with them and obsess over placement. But once you get them right, and you have the right room you will have a ridiculous sound. They are better for movies or home theater because of the nature of how they throw the sound at you also. For music they muddy up things a bit. I vowed a while back or swore off bipolar speakers and speakers with built in subs. Again you have to fiddle with them to get them to blend into the system. I don't have the patience for it anymore. I deliberately when to forward firing Def Techs quite a few years back. Then about 2 years ago I had it in my head to go to really great bookshelf speakers and add a great sub so that's where I am now as you know. SM 65 mains/center and SM55 surrounds. I wanted to try the same exact speaker for LCR and that paid off. Love it! I don't think I'll ever have a traditional center again. In fact my theory has changed in this hobby to the best systems have the same exact speaker for all channels. I nearly achieved that, same speaker in this particularly line.

Yeah, same here. I made room so I could fit a bookshelf in for a center channel. It matches the towers so well, I don't think I'd ever go back to a traditional center channel.

I'd like to hear your system. You have good speakers and a good sub. I'll bet it sounds really nice (though if that upgrade bug starts biting I'd consider a bigger sub or another matching one).

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, same here. I made room so I could fit a bookshelf in for a center channel. It matches the towers so well, I don't think I'd ever go back to a traditional center channel.

I'd like to hear your system. You have good speakers and a good sub. I'll bet it sounds really nice (though if that upgrade bug starts biting I'd consider a bigger sub or another matching one).
Yeah you know that bug bites us all but I'm extremely happy right now with what I have. I need to just focus on that because I am actually pretty thrilled everyday when I listen to the it. I think a sub is a good upgrade or addition because I want to try 2 subs.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis