Definitive Technology BP7000sc

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I have the BP7001SC as my mains... they are awesome. Do you have any questions about them, as your post is pretty vague.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
AccuDefTechGuy? Where art thou?
LOL:D

I love both the BP7000SC and BP7001SC.:)

Of course, the BASS is awesome. But more importantly, I think the sound (lows, mids, and highs) is very clear and smooth with all types of music.

Personally, I think they have a way of making even the "not-so-good" music sound "better" and more "fun".

For example, my parents love to sing at their friends' parties. They even made a music CD in one of those studios. God bless their hearts. But they just don't sound very good at all. However, when I played their CD on my system (BP7000SC) in 2.0, it actually sounded a lot "better", most likely because the Bass & music sounded great and made their singing a lot more tolerable.:D

I'm always trying to seek out "better sounding" speakers than these, but I still have not found any IMO.

I've listened to the B&W 800D (probably bad room acoustics), Krell Resolution 2 (probably bad acoustics), and Dali Euphonia MS4 (excellent room acoustics). I've also listened to MartinLogan Vantage (good acoustics) and Paradigm Studio 100 (probably bad acoustics). None of these sounded as good to Me Personally as the BP7000SC and BP7001SC.

But that's just me.:D

One very important note about these speakers, as well as other bipolar speakers: They need a lot of room - like 3 ft from the back and side walls. Oh, and please don't put any GLASS cabinets and glass arts next to them.:D

itschris

itschris

LOL:D
One very important note about these speakers, as well as other bipolar speakers: They need a lot of room - like 3 ft from the back and side walls. Oh, and please don't put any GLASS cabinets and glass arts next to them.:D

:D I can't imagine what would happen if I had the SC's. The 7002's are making the glassware dance all over the shelves.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Bass from BP7000SC

:D I can't imagine what would happen if I had the SC's. The 7002's are making the glassware dance all over the shelves.
I can honestly say that for my current room, which is about 3500 cubic feet, I do not even need the Trinity Subwoofer with 2 BP7000SCs. The bass output I'm getting from just these 2 BP7000SCs is enough to rattle the walls TWO Rooms Away! I think if you had a 5000 C.F. room, you might desire to want a dedicated subwoofer. But for rooms smaller than 5000 C.F., I really truly think 2 BP7000SCs will give you more than enough Bass Output.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I can... we wouldn't see you posting here anymore because your wife would have killed you after your speakers broke all her nice stuff lol.

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

Which one of you is DavidW? Is this another meeting of the Def Tech Mafia?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Stop it you guys, you are hurting my ears!

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
I own a pair of DT BP7001sc and although the bass is responsive, instead of setting my reciever to Large, I get far better results setting the crossover to 40Hz and letting my SVS handle anything lower. I used to set them to large but noticed a dramatic drop off at lower than 30Hz, since my Onkyo 805 only goes down to 40Hz with the crossover, I was stuck with 40Hz. But it actually works quite well.

Doing this also made the overall bass tighter without drowning out the upper frequencies. I should note that I am using my Onkyo strictly as a preamp and am using a very hefty H/K Citation 19 stereo amp (100 wpc) to drive the 7001sc's. Sound is very warm, yet detailed and during movies just breath taking.

majorloser

majorloser

I own a pair of DT BP7001sc and although the bass is responsive, instead of setting my reciever to Large, I get far better results setting the crossover to 40Hz and letting my SVS handle anything lower. I used to set them to large but noticed a dramatic drop off at lower than 30Hz, since my Onkyo 805 only goes down to 40Hz with the crossover, I was stuck with 40Hz. But it actually works quite well.

Doing this also made the overall bass tighter without drowning out the upper frequencies. I should note that I am using my Onkyo strictly as a preamp and am using a very hefty H/K Citation 19 stereo amp (100 wpc) to drive the 7001sc's. Sound is very warm, yet detailed and during movies just breath taking.
Could this be you?

http://forums.soundandvisionmag.com/audiovideo/board/message?board.id=36&thread.id=12251

Welcome back and stay out of trouble this time!

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
Hey Major,

Who me, I am nothing but an Angel of Goodness and Purity. :rolleyes:

Hey while I got you here, I'm having probs confirming my registration cause I used my work email and my work won't access this site. Anyway you can help a friend.

BTW I still want those Killer Bunnies and Canton speakers of yours. :D

and with age comes patience, so I'll be good.....well as good as a masochist can be.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis