Definitive Technology BP-20

H

hoosierbrewer

Audiophyte
Hi All:

Thanks for a great forum. My nickname is my one from a homebrew website and it makes it easy to keep the same name.

I purchased a set of BP-20 speakers, a powerfield 1500 a deftech center channel and a carver TFM-15cb for $100. The BP-20 has a low and high speaker input. I currently have a set of Energy Audissey which has a piece that connects the 2 positive post and negative posts together. I am confused as to how I hook the DEftech BP-20's up. I plan to use my yamaha receiver since I need a preamp for the carver to sound good. I have an amp question, but will post in a different section. Thanks for any help.

J

Jack N

Audioholic
Wow. Great deal. Way to go.

The BP20s are bi-amp capable. They originally came with metal connecting strips to electrically join the posts together for people who wish to use a single amp in powering them instead of two. It sounds like you're missing the connecting strips. Simply email Chet at Def Tech and he'll be able to set you up with what ever you need. His email is cpelkowski@definitivetech.com He's the customer service rep, and he's very good at his job. While you're waiting for your strips, you can use a couple pieces of wire instead.

H

hoosierbrewer

Audiophyte
Thanks for the help. I will use some wires until I get the strips. MY energy have the strips on them. I will ask the guy I bought them from if he has any strips.

:cool:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, otherwise you would have to bi-amp them - take one signal and split it with a Y-cable, then feed 2 ch of amps, then feed one cable to each speaker post. This would require 4 ch of amps for 2 speakers.

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
I'll give you $150 for the lot, that's a 50% return in no time ;) Good buy, hope you enjoy them a lot.

Mike

J

jamie2112

Banned
Good buy...I would not waste time Bi-amping them it really doesn't do much in terms of audibly changing the sound of the speakers. You can just use 2 small pieces of speaker cable to jump inputs on the bottom of your speakers. Just make sure to get off all the "tin whiskers" so not to blow a speaker....:eek:

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
I just bought a mint pair of these for $100.
They have a d'Appolito array and so the tweeter is slightly offset.
Which one is left and which one is right?
With the tweeter more towards the center or the outside?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis