Definitive Tech vs. Martin Logan ... for an Atmos Setup

J

John Sherman

Audiophyte
Hi everyone,

1st off ... sorry, posted in wrong forum ... shouldn't drink and post ;) ... so, how do you delete posts on ths forum?

Unless anyone has any better suggestions, I'm trying to decide between Definitive Technology and Martin Logan speakers for a home theater ... that I'm finally setting up as we're finishing our basement. The media room will be about 12'x15' and has a low-ish ceiling of about 7' 7''. I've been all over various forums, but haven't been able to nail it down as far as other's experiences, quality, etc. I've listened to them both, and "think" I liked the Martin Logan's better ... but, then read a review that mentioned they are VERY directional, so you really only hear 1 speaker unless you're in the magic "sweet spot" ... ok, won't ramble on, but would REALLY appreciate feedback about this and any other recommendations!!!!

Also, sales person was pushing Bowers & Wilkins speakers, but ... not sure I can justify the price tag ... ? Yet, saw on here somewhere where someone said "don't skimp on speakers" ... ok, but how far do you take that?

Lastly, this is going to be a 5.1.2 Atmos system, i.e. 2 in-ceiling speakers. Having read about timber matching, was hoping to find a brand that works for all speakers (timbr match all), less the subwoofer ... but maybe that's not so important? ...
http://ohmspeaker.com/news/for-effective-home-theater-do-you-need-all-the-same-speakers/

Sorry, for the long posting but would love any and all feedback!! Thank you in advance!!

Best regards ... Cheers!!! :D
John

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis