D-Sonic Amplifier Lineup Preview

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
I own an M2-1750-5 amp (5 channels 250W @ 8ohms, 500W @ 4ohms) that I use for my center and surrounds. I've been very happy with it. It has an extremely low noise floor and plenty of headroom for movies (my speakers are a pretty flat 6ohms 89dB @ 1m). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend D-Sonic amps to anyone in the market.

U

User5910

Enthusiast
I even started a thread last fall on this......http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/amps-pre-pros-receivers/amps-pre-pros-receivers/87016-class-b-vs-class-d-amp-comparisons.html................and got some subjective responses from knowledgeable people, but sparse direct comparisons between class A/B and class D amps. Also noticed that the vast majority of people who have tried both amps seemed to prefer the class A/B ones, primarily for the looks as opposed to the sonic qualities, but not always.
That link pulled in a little too much text, it should point here.

H

High Fidelity

Enthusiast
B & O Class D

I am completely allergic to all Class D amplifiers I have auditioned so far, these include Bel Canto, Flying Mole, Primare Rotel & even the Class AD Devialet. For me Class AB is easily the best both for SQ & value.

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
I am completely allergic to all Class D amplifiers I have auditioned so far, these include Bel Canto, Flying Mole, Primare Rotel & even the Class AD Devialet. For me Class AB is easily the best both for SQ & value.
There are a bunch of class D amps that I'm not super fond of. But there are also class AB amps I've not liked. If there is someone nearby you could try hearing a Wyred 4 Sound or D-Sonic, or maybe check out a Spectron amp. But maybe bring your own source/DAC.

S

Stephen Novosel

Enthusiast
Does this d-sonic amp (any of them) use pascal amp architecture?

S

Stephen Novosel

Enthusiast
I heard back from Dennis at D-Sonic. He uses Pascal technology exclusively.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis